Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer crashing after using internet browsers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MR_AWESOME55

MR_AWESOME55

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

So yesterday I downloaded a torrent, and, stupidly, when I went to watch the video after I'd downloaded it, it told me I had to download something to get it to work, so I did. My Firefox browser then opened a bunch of different tabs, and then the computer got a blue screen involving "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL." It then restarted, and when I tried to log in again, the same same blue screen came up and crashed the computer again.

It then started to work the next time I logged in, but my Norton Anti-Virus kept telling me that I was being attacked, from something originating in "firefox.exe", and that it had been blocked from doing so. I then uninstalled Firefox and installed Google Chrome, but Norton kept telling me I was being attacked. The difference is that this time I was being attacked by "svchost.exe". I have attached a picture of the message Norton sent me.

So now whenever I log on, I keep getting these same messages from Norton, and every so often, when I go on the internet, Norton tells me that whatever browser I am using at the time, its .exe file is also attacking my computer.

I also got an error report type thing that told me what happened during the last crash:

"Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000000000040
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF80002C79CD8
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\012911-33758-01.dmp
C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-85987-0.sysdata.xm"

Anyway, any help is appreciated! I'd love to get this problem sorted out ASAP because I'm a University student with midterms and homework coming up.... what a great time for this to happen!

EDIT: [Regarding the picture I posted]

I just got another notification fro Norton that I was attacked by svchost.exe. The difference this time is that it was attacked by "cap01tchaa.com" rather than "u101mnay2k.com". I also almost certain that a third attacking computer was involved as well, I'll try to catch it if it comes up again.

EDIT 2: Well that was convenient, the message came up right after I posted that last edit. The three computers involved in the attack so far are "cap01tchaa.com", "u101mnay2k.com", and the one that just came up, "kur1k0nona.com"

EDIT 3: I just got another message, this time another computer was involved. Now it is "cap01tchaa.com", "u101mnay2k.com", "kur1k0nona.com", and "lo4undreyk.com"

Attached Files

Edited by MR_AWESOME55, 29 January 2011 - 05:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users