Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:24 PM
I have big difficulties for finding a solution for organizing my music collection in web2 way. I have been searching hours for solution without success. This is what I want to do.
- I listen to a MP3 tune with my player (whatever it is), while listening I decide attributes for describing the tune like "Psychedelic", "Atmospheric", "Dark".
- I listen to the next tune and again I describe it with attributes, e.g. "Psychedelic", "Minimal", "Uplifting"
- Then the next one, "Minimal", "House", "like Deadmau5", "like Radio Slave"
- next one, "Minimal", "Dark", "like Radio Slave"
So while listening I create metadata for my collection in the form of these tags.
After listening comes the most important part, search. I want to do tag based search, queries like:
- "Psychedelic" AND "Dark"
- "Minimal" AND NOT "Dark"
- "Minimal" AND NOT "like Deadmau5"
- "Psychedelic" OR "Minimal"
Do you know any Media Player, any web service or any other program that would support this kind of feature? The first that comes to your mind is last.fm but I did not find a way to do this and for me it seems that the emphasis of the service is different.
This kind of tagging you can find for example from GMail, Google Bookmarks, Evernote, Delicious, maybe some photo organizing programs or internet services, but how about music?