Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi from the U.K.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Poe1974

Poe1974

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:05 PM

Hi everybody

My name is Andy, I'm 36 and I'm from Cheshire in the UK. I have been a computer buff since the 80's when I owned a Commodore Vic-20( When I wanted a Spectrum), then a Toshiba MSX(when I wanted a Commodore 64), then a Commodore 64 (when I wanted an Amiga !!), Then an Amiga (when I wanted a PC !!). You get the picture anyway :P
I finally got there in the end in my quest for a PC lol. I now own a Medion Akoya Laptop and an HP Desktop.

I have been repairing and upgrading friends and families PCs for years now and a couple of years ago decided to get qualified for my efforts since if your not qualified, you get classed as "just another person who thinks they can fix PCs" . I studied for my A+ and passed in May 2010. I am now studying for my N+ and in the future, I would like to study for the MCTS 70-680 (Configuring Windows 7) and also for the CWNA.

I have been doing the odd bits and pieces since but I find time at a premium as I have to juggle my full time job of Assistant Warehouse Supervisor/Forklift Truck Driver.

I am here to learn as I know I am at the bottom rung of the ladder and I also know that there are people on here that certainly know their stuff (nobody knows this more than me lol !!! God knows I have been lurking in the background for long enough, taking advice on board).

Looking forward to learning from you all and making new friends too.

Cheers,

Andy
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

Hello Andy,

Nice to meet you and I am from the Netherlands.

I am here to learn

Yes you can learn, who's not.? I was for 7 and 1/2 years a Pit member and I must saying, that I have a lot things learned from them.
Via a forum meet you a lot of people they have experiences with specific things.
So joined on a forum and especially computer forum, that is a good job, man.
About friends: Sometimes get you friends via this media.
Alright I wish you a very good time with B.C. and when you have questions than you will see, you get answer from the right person.

Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users