Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Infection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Charlie929

Charlie929

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:53 PM

I have picked up this problem today. I can't access task manager or download/run any of the programs needed as per the instructions here
I've done a back up of "my doc's". i've run Malwarebytes twice. First run was a quick scan that picked up the system tool 2011 but when
I reboted my screen background was replace with the warning jibberish from this maleware. I ran a full scan again and nothing showed up but clearly it is still there. Windows xp
How can I remove this?
Charlie

Edited by Charlie929, 29 January 2011 - 01:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Charlie929

Charlie929
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:12 PM

ok, I ran Malwarebytes again as well as Symantec anti virus in safe mode. I can't get web access in safe mode so I couldn't download Bkill. Both programs found no threats but it's still in there....
Help please,

Belay that request. Was able to sort it and download Bkill, updated MalwareBytes and re ran that program which located and cleaned up the issue. Thanks to the staff of bleeping computer for the program.

Edited by Charlie929, 29 January 2011 - 05:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users