Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Serious Corrupted Files(Win7)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aWitcher

aWitcher

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:07 PM

Last night, my computer just went kinda crazy on me so I shut it down. This morning, I couldn't run any programs because every time I tried to start up it would give me an error. Now, I can't start up my computer...period. When I start up the computer like normal I get an error saying:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00000000001904FB, 0xFFFFF88002D4CD48, 0xFFFFF88002B4C5B0,0xFFFFF880012E7A91)

*** Ntfs.sys - Address FFFFF880012E7A91 base at FFFFF88001228000, DateStamp 4a5b14f

Collecting data for crash dump...
Initializing disk for crash dump ...
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Dumping physical memory to disk:

After booting off of the CD and attempting to go into the recovery mode, I get an error about MEMORY_MANAGEMENT being an issue, the following "technical information" below:
*** STOP: 0x0000001A (0x0000000000041284, 0xFFFFF8A001F08001, 0x0000000000001BF0, 0xFFFFF781C0000000)

I have another hard drive with windows vista on that I have been able to access. It appears to me something is seriously wrong, any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:44 PM

It sounds like a RAM issue, try the following.

***** A. If you have more than one RAM module installed, try starting computer with one RAM stick at a time.

NOTE Keep in mind, the manual check listed above is always superior to the software check, listed below. DO NOT proceed with memtest, if you can go with option A

B. If you have only one RAM stick installed...
...run memtest...

1. Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)
2. Unzip downloaded memtest86+-....iso.zip file.
3. Inside, you'll find memtest86+-....iso file.
4. Download, and install ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/
5. Insert blank CD into your CD drive.
6. Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc
7. Click on Browse for a file... icon:

Posted Image

8. Locate memtest86+-....iso file, and click Open button.
9. Click on ImgBurn green arrow to start burning bootable memtest86 CD:

Posted Image

10. Once the CD is created, boot from it, and memtest will automatically start to run.

The running program will look something like this depending on the size and number of ram modules installed:

Posted Image

It's recommended to run 5-6 passes. Each pass contains very same 8 tests.

This will show the progress of the test. It can take a while. Be patient, or leave it running overnight.

Posted Image

The following image is the test results area:

Posted Image

The most important item here is the “errors” line. If you see ANY errors, even one, most likely, you have bad RAM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 aWitcher

aWitcher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:00 PM

I found out my 2GB RAM module(I had 2 1GB's and a 2GB in) is the problem, so far the 2 1GB's loaded fine by themselves and with the two of them together, but the 2GB will not work with anything. Thank you so much for your time and help.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

You're very welcome. :thumbup2:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users