Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adaware Acting Up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 13 December 2005 - 08:18 PM

Howdy,

I am running 2000 XP Home SP 2.

I run AdAware every day and also check for updates every day. I ran a scan this morning, and everything worked fine. I just tried to run another scan and a pop up showed on my screen that said:

Your definitions are 811 days old. would you like to check for updates now. I clicked yes.

A new screen came up that said: No up-dated components available. I then clicked on finish and the status screen appeared. The status screen says that my last scan was performed on 9-19-03.

As I mentioned, I ran a scan this morning. Any ideas ?

Thank You for your time,

Dennis :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:23 PM

Dennis H: Are you sure you are using the latest version of Ad-Aware - 1.06?

Also, double check that the date/time is set correctly within XP.

Let us know.

Edited by Joshuacat, 13 December 2005 - 10:25 PM.

JC

#3 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2005 - 01:19 AM

Thanks for the reply Josuacat. I had turned the power off earlier in the day. I reset the clock, but neglected to reset the date. Thanks for your help, everything is back to normal.

I am running the 1.06r1 Personal version. Is this the latest ?

Thanks Again,

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 14 December 2005 - 01:39 AM

That is the latest version, Dennis.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2005 - 04:38 AM

Thanks tg1911. I have a couple of other related questions.

When I cut off the power source to the unit , is there some internal battery that should take over until I reconnect the power ? I do not remember having to reset the date/time the last time I cut the power, although it has been a while.

Is there a way to set AdAware to scan all user accounts when the scan is initiated ?

Thanks,

Edited by Dennis H, 14 December 2005 - 05:05 AM.

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 14 December 2005 - 02:27 PM

When I cut off the power source to the unit , is there some internal battery that should take over until I reconnect the power ? I do not remember having to reset the date/time the last time I cut the power, although it has been a while

Yes, it's known as the CMOS, or motherboard, battery.
Here's a good 3 part article on the different types of batteries, and how to replace them.
Replacing the Motherboard Battery

Is there a way to set AdAware to scan all user accounts when the scan is initiated ?

Open Ad-Aware, and click on the little Gear icon at the top right.
On the left, select the Scanning button.
Under the Drives, Folders & Files heading, click Select drives & folders to scan.
Make your selections, then click the Proceed button, to save your settings.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users