Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop won't boot completely

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nancy1

Nancy1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:58 AM

One month old asus laptop just stopped working. Now won't boot up. Goes as far as choice between "launch startup repair" and "start windows normally".. Tried both options but ends with blank screen. Tried online suggestion for asus of using F9 when logo comes up.
does this mean the laptop is unrepairable.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

Welcome aboard Posted Image

As it's brand new laptop, your best option is to call Asus.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Travisw

Travisw

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:10 PM

You could try to re-image the drive as a file may have become corrupted or you may have picked up a boot sector virus. I would suggest trying to do a complete system recovery which you may have a disc for or you can try to hold your alt key and press the F10 key when you see the Acer welcome screen. Please note that when doing a complete system recovery you will lose all of your personal information. If you have info that you need I would recommend taking the hard drive out of the system and putting it into another machine or Dock station and getting the backups you require.

HTH.

Travis

#4 Nancy1

Nancy1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

Does alt and F10 work for ASUS too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic