Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:18 AM
I'm having a very unusual problem with my IPod Nano (4GB, 3rd Gen). The thing isn't syncing, in fact, it isn't even recognized by iTunes. Here's what happens:
* I connect it to the USB adapter. The Nano shows the connected screen.
* Itunes opens, but freezes.
* After several seconds, I finally get Itunes to open, but the IPod is not present in the device menu.
* I unplug the IPod after several minutes of this. Then a notice pops up that the Ipod can not be synced because the required folder isn't found.
* After clearing this message, another message pops up asking me if I want to erase and sync my Ipod. The IPod has finally shown up in the device menu, but it isn't even plugged in at this point.
I tried my other IPod (4th gen Nano, 8G), and that seems to work fine. Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong and how I can fix it? I've already tried uninstalling and re-installing ITunes, but that hasn't helped.