Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Am Having Problems

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LOVER

LOVER

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 13 December 2005 - 08:03 PM

When i click on certain link pasted on boards or sites like for eg: (www.yahoo.com or www.msn.com) the window page just get freezed and after like 3-4 mintues the page where i click on the link is alright but the link i click doesn't work. Secondly, my internet explorer browser doesn't load up fast it takes like 2-3 minutes to load. I think i am having some problems help me out please :thumbsup:
My Webpage <<like this

Edited by LOVER, 13 December 2005 - 08:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 13 December 2005 - 08:13 PM

Have you cleaned out your Temporary Internet Files, lately?
Open IE.
Click Tools.
Select Internet Options.
Click the General tab.
Click Delete Cookies.
Click OK.

Or, you could have a Virus/Spyware problem
Have you updated and run your virus scanner?
Also run these online virus scanners:
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Also this online Trojan scanner:
TrojanScan

Are you using these basic security programs?
(They're all free.)
aČ free
ewido security suite
Ad-Aware
Spybot S&D

These 2, will help prevent spyware/malware from being installed in the first place:
Spywareblaster
SpywareGuard

Download them, update them, and then run them.
These programs, updated and used regularly, will do a lot to keep your computer clean of spyware, trojans, keyloggers, browser hijackers, etc...

When installing ewido security suite, under Additional Options uncheck:
Install background guard
Install scan via context menu

Important:
Please read this tutorial on Spybot S&D before using it. Spybot can do SERIOUS damage, if not used properly.

Other useful Tutorials:
Using Ad-Aware SE
Using SpywareBlaster
Using SpywareGuard
Using Ewido
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 LOVER

LOVER
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2005 - 05:07 PM

i mostly try to clean my cookies everyday. also i have these:
ewido security suite
Ad-Aware
Spybot S&D

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,119 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2005 - 07:47 PM

Those are fine but you need to read the tutorials on each one that tg1911 provided and ensure they are configured properly for maximum effectiveness during the scans. Then perform the online scans that were recommended.

I would also add this:

Download and scan with CCleaner
1. Before first use, select Options > Advanced and UNCHECK "Only delete files in Windows Temp folder older than 48 hours"
2. Then select the items you wish to clean up.

In the Windows Tab:
• Clean all entries in the "Internet Explorer" section except Cookies.
• Clean all the entries in the "Windows Explorer" section.
• Clean all entries in the "System" section.
• Clean all entries in the "Advanced" section.
• Clean any others that you choose.

In the Applications Tab:
• Clean all except cookies in the Firefox/Mozilla section if you use it.
• Clean all in the Opera section if you use it.
• Clean Sun Java in the Internet Section.
• Clean any others that you choose.

3. Click the "Run Cleaner" button.
4. A pop up box will appear advising this process will permanently delete files from your system.
5. Click "OK" and it will scan and clean your system.
6. Click "exit" when done.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 LOVER

LOVER
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:57 PM

for this
Spywareblaster
SpywareGuard
i have spy sweeper and for ccleaner i got window washer. is it necessary that i download them?

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,119 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:56 AM

Some of us deal with malware removal and prevention on a daily basis and provide recommendations based on experience and knowledge from doing so.

Spysweeper is a good program to use but it is not the only program you should rely on. To prevent malware infections it is necessary to use a combination of tools to compliment each other.

tg1911 recommended two of them (Spywareblaster and Spywareguard)

SpywareBlaster is a program that blocks spyware tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox. It also restricts the actions of potentially dangerous sites in Internet Explorer by adding a list of sites and domains associated with known spyware, advertisers and marketers to Internet Explorer's Restricted Sites Zone. SB does not run in the background. Instead it only requires installation and then enabling of all protection. After that you only have to check periodically for database updates and then enable all protection again.

Spyware Guard is a real-time protection tool that monitors certain events and then acts to notify you that these events are taking place rather than prevent specific threats. SG will notify you of any event attempt to change the browser home page - it makes no judgment on whether the change is good or bad but leaves the decision up to you to allow or deny it. SG does not require constant definition updates because its detection abilities use a heuristic [rule-based] engine.

ccleaner is a general all around cleaning utility that gets the job done. While I have heard of window washer, I'm not sure how effective it is and I don't recall seeing it being recommended by anyone.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 LOVER

LOVER
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:54 PM

just downloaded ccleaner and i liked it, but the problem aint' fixed yet :thumbsup:

Edited by LOVER, 15 December 2005 - 05:54 PM.

#8 LOVER

LOVER
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2005 - 06:56 PM

It's all fixed the netpumper was causing all this troubles, i ran microsoft anitspyware scan and there it detected that program and i deleted it. Thanks a lot guys

#9 ZENER

ZENER

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:49 PM

It's all fixed the netpumper was causing all this troubles, i ran microsoft anitspyware scan and there it detected that program and i deleted it. Thanks a lot guys

Din noe microsoft could solve your problem, my opinion of microsoft antispyware is only very minimial.......hopefully it proves me worng...congrats to your recovery.
The Uprise of a new Technology is the contributing factor to the failure of many human brains.
In short ==== We are too reliant on Technology.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users