Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Update Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JohnCe

JohnCe

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:15 AM

I`ve been using Kaperskey `Get System Info`tool to help clean my machine of files that Kaperskey Internet Security 2011 can`t get on with! Amongst other suggestions it wants me to update the above driver. I have downloaded the latest version but the `install wizard` says I must un-install the original first.
Using the search facility on my computer brings up a short cut in the start menu.
Is it safe to un-install the file if I track it down please? The new one is PROWin32.exe.
Regards JohnCe.
Dell Dimension DM051, Pentium 4 3.00GHz, 2.50 GB Ram, XP Media Centre Edition, Ver. 2002, Service Pack 3..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:13 AM

That driver is for Network Connectivity. Are you using a hardwired network?

Are you having a problem with this computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 JohnCe

JohnCe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:37 AM

Thankyou DC3, No wired network, just my sons wire free to his room from our high speed cable mobem for the main PC.
I have been having problems with Kaperskey IS. regularly having to close! Have updated to the latest version with no improvement and under instruction from kapersky help, have deleted a number of `conflicting` files, identified by their own `Get System Info`programme. This is the last `advisory` on my `to do` list this weekend. All the other files were from older anti virus type progs. so I had no hesitation in deleting them. As this is a driver file that had to be deleted completely, before installing the new one, I wanted a second opinion!
Regards JohnCe.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:48 AM

I subscribe to the axiom "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

If you have the CD for installing Kapersky or the registration code you can uninstall it any try another anti virus. I'm currently running Avast and am pleased with it, it is free as well.

Another truth is that no single program is going to find all the different types of infections out there. Most of us here have an anti virus and firewall, but also us Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware for regular scans.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 JohnCe

JohnCe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

Thanks Dc3, you`ve put into words just what I have been thinking! We had the same with Panda AV a few years ago - the longer we had it the more trouble it became!!! :blink:
Regards and thanks, JohnCe. :thumbup2:

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:19 AM

You very welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users