I think we should run a couple more scans and then remove the old restore points which have been infected. Empty your temp folders using TFC (Temporary File Cleaner) in Safe Mode
- Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link
- Re-start your computer and load Windows in Safe Mode:
- Start tapping the F8 key as the system starts to boot again, and continue tapping until you are presented with the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" screen.
- Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to select "Safe Mode", and press the <ENTER> key.
- Log into your own account.
Getting into Windows Safe Mode
- Run TFC:
Note: TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder. It will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies.
- Save any unsaved work. (TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!)
- Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. (If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose "Run As Administrator".)
- Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
- Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway allowing Windows to load normally (not into Safe Mode) to ensure a complete clean.
Please download SUPERAntiSpyware Free
- Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
- An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
- If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.
- If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
- In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
- Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
- Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
- Close browsers before scanning.
- Scan for tracking cookies.
- Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
- Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
- Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode
" using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
- Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
- On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
- On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
- After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
- Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
- A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
- If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
- To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
- Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
- Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
- If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
- Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
- Click Close to exit the program.
If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner
instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner. Scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
- Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- Click the button.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Push the Start button.
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, push
- Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Push the button.
: A log.txt
file will also be created and automatically saved in the C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\ folder.
If you did not save the ESETScan log, click
..., then type or copy and paste everything in the code box below into the Open dialogue box:
- Click Ok and the scan results will open in Notepad.
- Copy and paste the contents of log.txt in your next reply.
: Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn them back on after you are finished.NOTE 3
: In some instances if no malware is found, there will be no log produced.Please post the logs and let us know how your system is running.