Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another Google redirect problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 curlyruhe

curlyruhe

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:28 PM

This appears to be an epidemic. Here are some samples of redirects that have occurred:
hxxp://www.dodge.com ---> hxxp://www.thetop10.com/search/default.aspx?feed=np&kwd=dodge
hxxp://www.faucetdirect.com/ ---> hxxp://shopcompareus.com/ac/search.php?phrase=Faucets&uid=6cb61614c507ee4a57fa639bd893b48b&kuid=8346bb8198a83d18cea76d2700886a30&src=miva

You get the picture -- the search term is picked up & browser is redirected to some cheesy commercial site.

Browsed some Google support forums, where this is a hot but unresolved topic, as well as some of the threads here, where lucky users get to consult with helpers. I've tried Norton 360, Hitman Pro 3.5, and TDSSKiller so far today, to no avail, as demonstrated by the fresh crop of redirects posted above, which I just gathered about 10 minutes ago.

Running WinXP SP3, Mozilla Firefox 3.6. Based on limited testing, I do not believe the problem occurs with IE.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by curlyruhe, 29 January 2011 - 12:12 AM.
Deactivate links. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 curlyruhe

curlyruhe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:49 AM

Sorry to repost, but still getting redirected (e.g., to shopcompareus) from Google w/ Firefox. Am afraid to start fooling around too much w/ additional AV/malware packages before getting some guidance. Would anyone be available to assist? Many, many thanks in advance.

#3 curlyruhe

curlyruhe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:42 AM

If no one is going to handle this topic, would you like to delete it? Should I start over with a new submission?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users