Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Qooqlle! Can't get rid of it

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 neveser

neveser

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:51 PM

I've been hijacked by qooqlle. When I start up firefox or IE, it goes right to qooqlle. I've told IE to keep my start page the same, but no can do for firefox. I noticed it always shuts off adblock too. It also changes my persona to this blue theme.
It keeps coming back after I delete the registry entries for it. Malwarebytes detects and removes it, but something keeps adding it back in.
Spybot and Adaware do not detect it. Avast does not detect it.
Tried SuperAntispyware - no good.
Tried TDSKill - no good.

Can't seem to figure this one out.

Looked all over the place for removal instructions and nothing has helped me.

OS is Windows 7 ultimate x64

Edited by neveser, 29 January 2011 - 02:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 neveser

neveser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

I assume that no one here knows how to get rid of this google redirection infection?

This must be a tough one.

EDIT: nevermind, I got rid of it! :)

Edited by neveser, 29 January 2011 - 06:25 PM.

#3 just_blessed

just_blessed

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

How did you get rid of it? I tried everything you did but it keeps coming back again and again. Help, please!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users