Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen and freezing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pahoa

pahoa

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:20 PM

Hello.. something is causing black screens, blue screens and freezing, I am writing this from my XP computer, the sick computer is my wife's.. It is a HP Pavilion media center M8200 N pc.. OPS windows vista home premium product # GN551AA#ABA... AMD athlon 64X2 dual core processor... 3072 MB system memory...500 GB hard drive..DVD burner..NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE graphics.. I would like to be more detailed about the OP sys. but that is all I can get from the unit tag right now.. there is no CD to boot from. Some history, This computer has had the OPsym reinstalled 3 times in the last 3 yrs, something is always going wrong, I don't use this machine at all, I stick to my XP ( easier to fix when I break it) I am going to try to repair the vista machine with your help Of course, as I can no longer afford to have someone repair it.. Back to the sick Vista. something happened in Dec.2010 I am not sure what, it caused a BSOD not sure what it was about, but at the same time McAfee Internet security captured a couple of Trojan's, computer was running fine after that, until my wife loaded a large photo shop type program on to it. That is when everything went from bad to worse, at that time I had it reprogrammed back to the original "D" partition factory OP sys. (A friend did that for me) I then set out to up date all the update patches etc. to get to Vista Service pack 1, with a lot of trial and error I managed to do that. The up dates didn't want to up load very well, I wanted to update to Vista Service pack 2 and that is when it went BSOD again and froze, I took photos of blue screens but I am not sure how to post them here, so I will just give you the data by hand. megasas.sys an attempt was made to write to read-only memory STOP: 0X000000BE (0x0875B8CEF, 0x0D49C121, 0x87204B88,0x00000000B) megasas.sys -Address 87691015 base at 8768A000 Datestamp 44f3c6dd.... The second BSOD was STOP: 0x050 (0xc045c70c, oxooooooo0, ox876DC884,0x00000009) iteatapi.sys address 876DC884 base at 876D9000.datestamp 44dbe762 At this time I just shut it down and walked away.. computer will not boot to safe mode or come on at all most of the time now, and when I do manage to get it to desk top it quickly freezes to black screen or BSOD My thought is to reinstall back to the factory OP sys from the "D" drive and with your help try to get it up and running again.. I have been trying to educate myself about understanding computers but at best I am old slow novice.. Any help would be appreciated... Pahoa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users