Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

backup methods

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rapacia

Rapacia

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:52 PM

Hello, everyone.

This is probably and hopefully very fundamental to many of you.

I'm looking for a a backup method for my little, Dell netbook which has the following features:

What is the BEST software any of you know of, that I can purchase, that can capture EVERYTHING on my pc exactly, precisely, as it is at any given moment and back it up EVERY FEW SECONDS ALL THE TIME always discarding all but the most recent backup - to an external hard drive in case my computer ever takes a dump on me.

Is there such software??

Please advise and mental hugs for any replies.

Rapacia

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:32 PM

Acronis True Image is the best disk imaging software and you can schedule incremental backups, but every few seconds? Not sure I'd do that with Acronis.

Here is something that seems to do what you want, but I've never used it:

http://www.instantfundas.com/2010/09/yadis-backup-free-automatic-real-time.html

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:25 AM

I believe Oops!Backup will do what you are looking for.
It's a continuous backup program.
As you make changes to any of your files, it automatically backs up.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users