Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hard drive activity/missing sound icon in systray

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ric0suave

ric0suave

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

During periods of inactivity i've noticed that my hard drive light gets going and I can hear some activity... I've noticed that every now and then while i'm browsing around, sometimes the focus gets taken off of my browser and I have to reclick the browser to put it back as the active window... One last thing is that whenever I reboot, my sound icon does not appear anymore in my system tray and I have to manually add it back through the control panel (it is supposed to be there by default, according to settings)

I've run both Spybot and MBAM as well as AVG to no avail they all did not find anything, so i'm wondering if i have anything suspicious...

Running WinXP SP3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ric0suave

ric0suave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:26 AM

I haven't gotten a reply , can anyone please help me with this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users