Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connection to Avira's site blocked.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mpalos

mpalos

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

Hello Guys !

Here's my first and only post.

HISTORY
Avira Antivir Premium happily used for one year with original disinfestation and, later, a few viruses detected and put in quarantine before dispatched to Avira.
Since last September Avira Antivir Premium Suite used with no detections and non problems until ...
... more or less three weeks ago when Antivir begins to regularly block and beep up an autorun.info that is invisible to my search but, according to Antivir, is located in the mass memory attached by me to the flash stick of my internet provider, Italia 3. There is no problem except disturbance. I try to inlude the file within the exeptions but in vain. Anyway, as soon as I connect, IE, even after uninstalled, connects me to Italia 3.
-At a certain point I notice that Antivir in not on its icon in Auto Start so I click on its icon on desktop.
-A warning alerts me that my system configuration has changed and that I should reinstall it, which I do using the copy on my HD.
Point 4 is repeated a few times till I am notified that the installation file is corrupted.
I connect to Avira to download a fresh copy and set it up but the autorun.inf goes on being blocked and IE connects me to Italia 3 forcedly.
Point 6 is repeated a few times until my clicking Avira's address is immediately followed by Opera's warning "Error ! Could not locate remote server" while all the rest, avera.com included, is ok.
I contact Avira's assistance in Rome but they know and can do nothing about that.
I suspect it depends on some sort of intrusion and format /u my c: logic unit before reinstalling my OS: finally I can connect to Avira and download a fresh copy of the suite but on point of validating it the connection is ignored by an Antivir warning about the running connection not being running ! And connecting to avira.com is impossible in the same terms as before.
Then I run my old copy of Combofix, which I had used just before buying my first Antivir and notice soon a script about rubbing out an autorun. After a few minutes Combofix old has done his job but I am not notified about what was done in comprehensible terms.
So I download today's Combofix and run it: I notice that after two minutes ihe pc watch has been blocked. After 20' nothing has changed from the initial warning about the time supposedly needed to complete its task and I stop the application and register to this site for lights.

Thank so much for your help !
>>>>>
System features:
XP HE vers 2002 SP2
HP Intel® Celeron® M
1.40 GHz
1.24 GB RAM
Estensione Indirizzo Fisico
>>>>>
[fr28ja11 17a34]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic