Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Playing sound when not connected to internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 andy_carver

andy_carver

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:52 AM

OLD PC
1GB RAM
Windows 7

Simple Request.

How would do i make windows 7 play a looping sound or any .wav or mp3 when not connected to the internet or when not getting an IP address?

If that doesn't make sense i will outline why i want this.

I have a simple home server. Its a pain to hook up a monitor so i remote it all the time. I cant do this without network.
I have some simple speakers hooked up to it.
I would like it to play a simple sound or warning sound when it is not connected to the network. ( so i can tell its not connected).

Any thoughts

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:24 AM

BE ADVISED ***I do not know anything about this product besides what I just read about it and I have never used it***

I have been looking for this answer and I found this link:

http://www.instantfundas.com/2010/07/sound-alert-when-internet-disconnects.html

Its an explaination/review of a program called NetSENSOR and that softwares website is:

http://venussoftcorporation.blogspot.com/2010/07/netsnsor-is-internet-connection-checker.html

You can set it to play any sound file of your choice.

It constantly scans your internet connection to let you know ASAP when the internet connection is lost.

I hope this helps.

<edit below>

I was reading up a bit more on this product and found that you can include the internet connection name, and the login information to it, so if it detects your no longer connected, it will run netstart.bat and attempt to reconnect you to your internet connection. That seems very awesome. Im still not to sure about the program though, it seems very small time(not well known), and I would suggest you check it against known malware and or run virus scan before install.

Edited by s1lents0ul, 28 January 2011 - 09:34 AM.

==]--s1lents0ul-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users