Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problems after dell restore partition used

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jonnyss

jonnyss

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:53 AM

my problems started with windows running extremely slow, is was taking around a minute or so to open any application and sometimes longer in internet explorer.
so in my infinate wisdom decided to restore the pc using the dell "as it came shipped" partition to start again, so far so good, but now after all the updates including drivers and so forth i get some error messages and other random stuff
i get the application failed to initialise (oxc0000017) with all applications
and
the application or dlll c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll is not a valid windows image please check this against your instalation diskette
none of this happens all the time just randomly and sometimes it wont come out of standby so have to reboot
im running windows xp home version 5 (build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636:service pack 3)
internet explorer 8 and windows mediaplayer 11
mcafee av and antimalwarebytes
apart from printer nothing else is on the pc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:38 AM

I would either reset IE...or just reinstall/repair IE 8.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Reset-Internet-Explorer-8-settings

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=repair+Internet+Explorer+8&aq=f&aqi=g5&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=9bf0972240402674

Louis

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:59 AM

I'm not a big McAfee fan (quite the opposite in fact). If it were my system I'd uninstall any McAfee product and replace it with something else (even a free AV such as Avira or Avast is much better). Having said that, there is always the possibility your problems were caused by malware. Restoring a factory image would not necessarily fix that problem. If all else fails you might want to visit the malware section of this site just to make sure one way or the other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users