Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

monitor light goes out

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 corndog55

corndog55

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:43 AM

I have a 3yr. old Toshiba laptop using windows vista home premium. The monitor light starts blinking and then goes out after about 45 minutes. The computer doesn't shut down or go to sleep as I can see through if the lighting in the room is just right. It has to be shut off manually and restarted to continue. Doesn't matter if it is idle or if I am actively using it. An IT tech has tried to figure it out and doesn't know the answer. He said to uninstall anything that I am not using like games etc. That hasn't worked. I took it to Best Buy and they said it is probably an internal problem, maybe with the light which would not be cost effective to have it changed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,894 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:01 AM

Well...first thing I would do...is try a different monitor...or try that monitor on a different system, as I try to isolate/define the problem.

Louis

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:03 AM

Well...first thing I would do...is try a different monitor...or try that monitor on a different system, as I try to isolate/define the problem.

Louis

It's a laptop

What happens in safe mode?

#4 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:55 PM

Louis

It's a laptop

What happens in safe mode?

Sorry to jump in Allan, but it maybe a LT, but he can link another monitor using a VGA cable from the LT to isolate/define the problem with the LT's monitor !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users