Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

winamp

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bobbies

bobbies

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:18 AM

I have just bought a new acer laptop, now on my old laptop Pckard Bell i ran a karaoke. I used Winamp, and i made a folder in my documents and draged the songs i sing from the main list into the folder.

This way it saved me searching for my songs everytime. I cant seem to do this wih my new Acer laptop.It won't let me drag them into the folder. Can anyone help please. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:17 AM

Are you getting any error messages such as permission denied or unable to complete move?

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:05 AM

It won't let me drag them into the folder. Can anyone help please. thanks

What won't let you? EXACTLY what happens when you try to drag and drop? And is it only this folder or any folder?

#4 bobbies

bobbies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:31 AM

No i am not geting any error messages. When i say it won't let me drag them across to my folder, it is draging them across, so it looks like, but they are not going into the folder.

The prog i'm using with winamp is MEXP. When iv'e draged them over with my other laptop, it used to say dragged from mexp with no titles of the song or anything, then i had to rename the song.

#5 davecatterall

davecatterall

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

Try adding Add Copy To / Move To on Windows 7 or Vista Right-Click Menu, then right click your tunes and select 'Copy To' and select your folder, which will leave the original where it is. Or select 'Move To' which will shift it over from the original folder.
dave

#6 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

Instead of dragging songs into folder, make a playlist of all songs you like.
Select all the songs you like in Winamp (hold Ctrl key and click on songs of your choice). Then right-click on any of the selected songs, and choose Send to -> New Playlist
Next time just double click on the playlist (In Media Library of Winamp) file to start playing those songs.

#7 bobbies

bobbies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:49 AM

Hi Davecatterall. First what i am trying to drag into a folder are songs off my playlist in Winamp, so there is no pop up menu to let me do this when i right click, and like i said, then i have to rename the songs. I'm not actualy draging the songs just the songs from the playlist. I have done it with my XP o/k.

Romeo29.I have made playlists before in Winamp, it's just that my personal song list is quite long so i find it beter to have a folder in My documents which i just have opened all the time at the side of the screen. Also if i'm correct when i have my list up and another sInger comes up, won't my list disapear, and i have to bring it up again everytime i want to sing.
So it looks like i can't do what iv'e done with XP.

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:59 PM

can you try pinning the folder to the task bar by right clicking on the folder?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users