Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unexplained Connection Use, Google Oddities, & Suspicious Service

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Euphemism

Euphemism

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:33 AM

First, I'd like to apologize for jumping straight from my Am I Infected thread to this. Please understand that it's not a case of being unwilling to wait for replies in the other forum; I just decided to go ahead and be 100% certain, especially when it comes to rootkits. The odd behaviour from my system is only getting stranger by the day, and it's starting to worry me too much to just hand-wave it as the signs of my dying hard drive. (I know it's dying, and at this point I'm concerned with making sure a virus/rootkit doesn't get transferred to the replacement drive.)

Now, for the basics. Google results in Firefox (but not IE) show strangely in the status bar and if I right click and copy the link location but do not actually redirect. I have NoScript running and do not wish to risk disabling it to see if I get redirected afterward. That sounds way too dangerous/unwise at the moment. The results are displayed as such (asterisk added just in case it's a dangerous link):

http*//www.google.com/url?q=http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/&sa=U&ei=B3hCTYfZGoH48Aa79rX_AQ&ved=0CA0QFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFCjiS5mgJDgPg2CB4_K1mWkwoqzw

The 'gibberish' changes every time I search. When I click on a link, either in the same tab or a new tab, it waits a while on a blank page until the gibberish string disappears and then starts loading. I'm also getting a lot of text input lag (increasingly worse each day, no exaggeration) in Firefox, AIM, and other internet-enabled applications but not WordPad or Word.

This began when I was uploading a file from my flash drive to tinypic. After it gave me the url to the image, I closed tinypic and opened the image in a new tab. After the image was fully loaded, the connection continued to show usage (I monitor via RainMeter)

Now, I've noticed that unwarranted connection usage is happening frequently (after all tabs are finished loading, when Firefox isn't even open, when there are no open tabs, etc.) It also feels as if outbound activity is higher than usual. Right now, in fact, it's sending outbound as I type. just fractions of a kb data rate. But it's sending something, and ocassional spikes to 6 kb/s for barely a full second. When it spikes, I notice the text input lag.

Note that right now I've had to reconnect because the connection (dial-up!) just went to 'local only.' I had to take my USB modem out, put it into another port, let the drivers install, take it out, and put it back into the original port. The modem noise is now gone, so I just had to sit there and, thankfully, it did reconnect. I suspect a reboot/logoff-then-logon will fix this, as it has in the past. But it's part of a sudden problem after running GMER.

When it was in the winsxs directory, the connection was lost. I kept it disconnected, then reconnected after the scan was done. While typing this, it acted up as described above regarding outbound traffic twice. Then did the 'local only' thing. Now, it's still doing outbound transfer that makes text input lag. And I closed AIM, so it can't be IM-related. Needless to say, this makes me paranoid of keyloggers or other malicious content.

In as long as it took to to type those two paragraphs, it has gone 'local only' again. I've had to reconnect again. =/ I highly doubt phone line trouble, as it had been and was working perfectly until I ran the GMER scan and it disconnected. Well, aside from the outbound data transfer, of course.

So this has... become a very serious issue, I'm afraid. :( My mouse/cursor speed (don't know proper term) is suddenly, and at random, increasing as if it's on fast-forward. This was not happening until after running GMER. That may be a coincidence, however, since - as I've said - the behaviour is getting odder by the day. Literally.

Of note, stisvc (the service) is starting with my computer. I don't know if it's part of Microsoft OneNote being a startup program (so I can take screen clippings on demand), that's just my best guess. What I've read on bleepingcomputer suggests that it's a bad thing to have starting when the system is first booted unless it's required by a startup program and may be sign of a rootkit. So I don't know.

It also just disconnected again. I did manage to get modem noise back by sticking the modem into a usb port on the opposite side of my computer, letting the driver install, then removing and putting back in the usual port. The driver re-installed again. But when it first connected, it claimed 'limited connectivity.' I'm not going to get my hopes up that this is fixed.

I also noted something called "Skins" in one of the logs' list of installed programs. I have no clue what this is, as it doesn't appear under either CCleaner or the Windows Uninstall area. Please let me know if that's something normal I simply don't know about. There's also the matter of Viewpoint. This was a piece of non-consensually installed software. It just... showed up last year. I uninstalled it, but it still has traces - apparently more than I assumed! All I knew about was that it has a weird entry in the Control Panel > Programs section. But it's also showing traces in some of these logs.

So yeah. I definitely suspect something odd going on, here.

Sorry for being so wordy. I wanted to make sure you know everything that's going on.

And thanks in advance for the help! :)

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Shortly after posting this, I accidentally double-clicked the dds.scr file on my desktop. (I meant to drag it to the recycle bin.) My system became sluggish and, within a minute, crashed to blue screen (after I attempted ctrl+shift+esc for Task Manager). The blue screen had black lines in it and was therefore unreadable. I had to hold down the power button to reset and turn it back on. When I did that, I noticed a foul, burning-plastic scent. I sniffed the exhaust, and it was the source of the smell. I immediately held the computer lop-sided to let more air to it and used hardware monitor to see what the temp was.

The system was very laggy upon boot, I assume due to the temperature. It was 65C when it booted. I held it up until it reached 53C, and then came back to add this update. The fan sounded overworked and I can still smell traces of that scent. While waiting for the editing area to load, I heard a faint popping noise from the fan area, and then the temperature jumped down to 48C. Now, it's attempting to stay at 46C, but keeps jumping up in temperature while I type, usually around 52C. Sometimes just to 50C. When I stop typing, it goes back down.

I'm once again noticing unwarranted data transfer, both upload and download. My poor, dying hard drive is groaning - I would assume because I had to rush to tilt the system for air in the hopes that nothing would melt/catch fire. As I press 'save changes' now, it's at 47C. The temp refers to... wherever the zone that monitors my CPU is. The ACPI temp was at 57C when I first got the system booted and is now at a steady-ish 41C. If any of that makes a difference to anything.

UPDATE 2: Opening WordPad made temperature briefly spike by 3 degrees C. This isn't normal for my system; I've monitored the temperature extensively in the past because it's prone to getting too warm in the summer or under heavy load.

I also find it suspicious that, ever since I've started having this problem, my fingerprint reader does not start up as it should. I get the error that I should log off and back on in order to activate it. Odd, because this is very rare usually and often a restart works just as well.

I'm also getting logged out of my insanejournal.com account/s after each reboot, which is not normal. (The cookie/s normally last at least two days.) These are logged into with the LJLogin extension for Firefox, which I've set to use my fingerprint reader via Fingerfox. The accounts I type my passwords into are performing normally in regards to remembering/forgetting me.

Firefox also keeps crashing (the window goes white-out and the little "Firefox is not responding" window comes up, forcing me to close it). There seems to be no set reason for this; it seems mostly random. My connection is also back to dying, although it's living for longer than it was.

Sorry for so many updates, but this also seemed relevant. I'll try not to add anything else unless it's extremely vital after this.

DDS (Ver_10-12-12.02) - NTFSx86
Run by Me at 1:06:37.75 on Fri 01/28/2011
Internet Explorer: 7.0.6001.18000
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium 6.0.6001.1.1252.1.1033.18.2813.1772 [GMT -6:00]

SP: Windows Defender *Enabled/Outdated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k secsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_9a642328\STacSV.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\Hpservice.exe
C:\Windows\system32\vfsFPService.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\system32\WLANExt.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DpHostW.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
C:\Program Files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DpAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QLBCTRL.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP QuickTouch\HPKBDAPP.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\HpqSRmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP\SetPoint.exe
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_9a642328\aestsrv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgrssvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k bthsvcs
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CCC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\KHAL3\KHALMNPR.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPCapSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPSched.exe
C:\Windows\SMINST\BLService.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k WerSvcGroup
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP wireless Assistant\WiFiMsg.EXE
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4QLBEx.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HpqToaster.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPHelper.exe
c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe
C:\Program Files\Stardock\ObjectDock\ObjectDock.exe
C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Users\Me\Desktop\dds.scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uStart Page = hxxp://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=en_us&c=83&bd=Pavilion&pf=cnnb
mStart Page = hxxp://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=en_us&c=83&bd=Pavilion&pf=cnnb
BHO: {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - No File
BHO: SSVHelper Class: {761497bb-d6f0-462c-b6eb-d4daf1d92d43} - c:\program files\java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
BHO: HP Smart BHO Class: {ffffffff-cf4e-4f2b-bdc2-0e72e116a856} - c:\program files\hp\digital imaging\smart web printing\hpswp_BHO.dll
uRun: [LightScribe Control Panel] c:\program files\common files\lightscribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe -hidden
uRun: [ehTray.exe] c:\windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
mRun: [StartCCC] "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\core-static\CLIStart.exe"
mRun: [SynTPEnh] c:\program files\synaptics\syntp\SynTPEnh.exe
mRun: [SysTrayApp] %ProgramFiles%\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
mRun: [DpAgent] c:\program files\digitalpersona\bin\dpagent.exe
mRun: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
mRun: [QlbCtrl.exe] c:\program files\hewlett-packard\hp quick launch buttons\QlbCtrl.exe /Start
mRun: [OnScreenDisplay] c:\program files\hewlett-packard\hp quicktouch\HPKBDAPP.exe
mRun: [hpqSRMon] c:\program files\hp\digital imaging\bin\hpqSRMon.exe
mRun: [hpWirelessAssistant] c:\program files\hewlett-packard\hp wireless assistant\HPWAMain.exe
mRun: [AVG7_CC] c:\progra~1\grisoft\avg7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
mRun: [EvtMgr6] c:\program files\logitech\setpointp\SetPoint.exe /launchGaming
dRun: [AVG7_Run] c:\progra~1\grisoft\avg7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE
StartupFolder: c:\users\me\appdata\roaming\micros~1\windows\startm~1\programs\startup\logite~1.lnk - c:\program files\common files\logishrd\ereg\setpoint\eReg.exe
StartupFolder: c:\users\me\appdata\roaming\micros~1\windows\startm~1\programs\startup\onenot~1.lnk - c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
StartupFolder: c:\progra~2\micros~1\windows\startm~1\programs\startup\blueto~1.lnk - c:\program files\widcomm\bluetooth software\BTTray.exe
mPolicies-system: EnableLUA = 0 (0x0)
mPolicies-system: EnableUIADesktopToggle = 0 (0x0)
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\micros~2\office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
IE: Send image to &Bluetooth Device... - c:\program files\widcomm\bluetooth software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
IE: Send page to &Bluetooth Device... - c:\program files\widcomm\bluetooth software\btsendto_ie.htm
IE: {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - c:\program files\widcomm\bluetooth software\btsendto_ie.htm
IE: {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0005-ABCDEFFEDCBC} - c:\program files\java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
IE: {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - {48E73304-E1D6-4330-914C-F5F514E3486C} - c:\progra~1\micros~2\office12\ONBttnIE.dll
IE: {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - {FF059E31-CC5A-4E2E-BF3B-96E929D65503} - c:\progra~1\micros~2\office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
IE: {DDE87865-83C5-48c4-8357-2F5B1AA84522} - {DDE87865-83C5-48c4-8357-2F5B1AA84522} - c:\program files\hp\digital imaging\smart web printing\hpswp_BHO.dll
TCP: {A7CA6AB7-55EF-431B-AAEA-FD3C4DEC1915} = 199.254.148.41 199.254.148.42
Notify: avgwlntf - avgwlntf.dll
LSA: Notification Packages = scecli DPPWDFLT
mASetup: {10880D85-AAD9-4558-ABDC-2AB1552D831F} - "c:\program files\common files\lightscribe\LSRunOnce.exe"

================= FIREFOX ===================

FF - ProfilePath - c:\users\me\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\xue1rgkd.default\
FF - prefs.js: browser.search.selectedEngine - The Free Dictionary
FF - prefs.js: browser.startup.homepage -

============= SERVICES / DRIVERS ===============

R1 AvgClean;AVG7 Clean Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgclean.sys [2008-8-24 10760]
R1 AvgMfx86;AVG Minifilter x86 Resident Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgmfx86.sys [2008-8-24 26952]
R2 AESTFilters;Andrea ST Filters Service;c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\stwrt.inf_9a642328\AEstSrv.exe [2008-8-16 73728]
R2 Avg7Alrt;AVG7 Alert Manager Server;c:\progra~1\grisoft\avg7\avgamsvr.exe [2008-8-24 418816]
R2 Avg7UpdSvc;AVG7 Update Service;c:\progra~1\grisoft\avg7\avgupsvc.exe [2008-8-24 49664]
R2 AvgCoreSvc;AVG7 Resident Shield Service;c:\progra~1\grisoft\avg7\avgrssvc.exe [2008-8-24 192512]
R2 hpsrv;HP Service;c:\windows\system32\hpservice.exe [2008-3-18 19456]
R2 Recovery Service for Windows;Recovery Service for Windows;c:\windows\sminst\BLService.exe [2008-6-12 341328]
R2 vfsFPService;Validity Fingerprint Service;c:\windows\system32\vfsFPService.exe [2008-4-27 599344]
R3 Com4QLBEx;Com4QLBEx;c:\program files\hewlett-packard\hp quick launch buttons\Com4QLBEx.exe [2008-6-12 193840]
R3 enecir;ENE CIR Receiver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\enecir.sys [2008-1-24 52736]
R3 JMCR;JMCR;c:\windows\system32\drivers\jmcr.sys [2008-4-11 84240]
R3 vfs101x;vfs101x;c:\windows\system32\drivers\vfs101x.sys [2008-4-27 40752]
S2 Viewpoint Manager Service;Viewpoint Manager Service;"c:\program files\viewpoint\common\viewpointservice.exe" --> c:\program files\viewpoint\common\ViewpointService.exe [?]
S3 RTCore32;RTCore32;c:\program files\rmclock\RTCore32.sys [2008-9-8 4608]

=============== Created Last 30 ================

2011-01-11 15:00:50 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Defraggler
2011-01-11 14:54:28 38224 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2011-01-11 14:54:26 20952 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2011-01-11 14:54:26 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

==================== Find3M ====================

============= FINISH: 1:07:19.34 ===============

Attached Files

Edited by Euphemism, 28 January 2011 - 04:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:31 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

Please take note:

• If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know.
  • If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
    • If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.
  • Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
  • If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.
  • If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
  • Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.
  • If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
  • Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:

• Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner.

Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.

Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:

Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice

Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:

How to create a GMER log

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

#3 Euphemism

Euphemism
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:23 AM

Hi, and thanks for replying. No worries about the delay; I'm just glad to be able to get this kind of help for free.

I do not have a Windows CD/DVD. My computer didn't come with one; it just has a recovery partition that I have no clue how to use. I did burn a set of discs upon prompt when first using my computer, but I can't remember if they were for recovery or something else. (I assume recovery.) The downfall there, of course, is that it was nearly two years ago and the disc/s (I forget how many) are locked in a safe because I have a nasty habit of losing important stuff. So I do not have immediate access to those nor do I think they're an actual Windows CD.

I have not resolved the original problem, but the system does (thankfully) still work. Just for the sake of information, since it was mentioned: I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium (SP1) in 32-bit.

Also worth noting: DDS was hung for a couple of minutes, but did not make my system blue screen like it did the last time when I accidentally ran it twice. After the GMER scan, my system started behaving oddly as it had afterward last time. The mouse was not responding properly and the system was lagging. It was not, however, overheating. As a precautionary measure, I turned it off for a short while then started it back up. So far, it seems to be running as usual again, albeit still with the connection and google issues I made this thread to hopefully fix.

DDS (Ver_10-12-12.02) - NTFSx86
Run by Me at 0:12:06.78 on Fri 02/04/2011
Internet Explorer: 7.0.6001.18000
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium 6.0.6001.1.1252.1.1033.18.2813.1862 [GMT -6:00]

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k secsvcs
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_9a642328\STacSV.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\Hpservice.exe
C:\Windows\system32\vfsFPService.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\system32\WLANExt.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DpHostW.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
C:\Program Files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DpAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QLBCTRL.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP QuickTouch\HPKBDAPP.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\HpqSRmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP\SetPoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_9a642328\aestsrv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k bthsvcs
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPCapSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPSched.exe
C:\Windows\SMINST\BLService.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k WerSvcGroup
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CCC.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\KHAL3\KHALMNPR.EXE
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP wireless Assistant\WiFiMsg.EXE
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4QLBEx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HpqToaster.exe
C:\Program Files\Stardock\ObjectDock\ObjectDock.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPHelper.exe
c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Users\Me\Desktop\dds.scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uStart Page = hxxp://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=en_us&c=83&bd=Pavilion&pf=cnnb
mStart Page = hxxp://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=en_us&c=83&bd=Pavilion&pf=cnnb
BHO: {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - No File
BHO: SSVHelper Class: {761497bb-d6f0-462c-b6eb-d4daf1d92d43} - c:\program files\java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
BHO: HP Smart BHO Class: {ffffffff-cf4e-4f2b-bdc2-0e72e116a856} - c:\program files\hp\digital imaging\smart web printing\hpswp_BHO.dll
uRun: [LightScribe Control Panel] c:\program files\common files\lightscribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe -hidden
uRun: [ehTray.exe] c:\windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
mRun: [StartCCC] "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\core-static\CLIStart.exe"
mRun: [SynTPEnh] c:\program files\synaptics\syntp\SynTPEnh.exe
mRun: [SysTrayApp] %ProgramFiles%\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
mRun: [DpAgent] c:\program files\digitalpersona\bin\dpagent.exe
mRun: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
mRun: [QlbCtrl.exe] c:\program files\hewlett-packard\hp quick launch buttons\QlbCtrl.exe /Start
mRun: [OnScreenDisplay] c:\program files\hewlett-packard\hp quicktouch\HPKBDAPP.exe
mRun: [hpqSRMon] c:\program files\hp\digital imaging\bin\hpqSRMon.exe
mRun: [hpWirelessAssistant] c:\program files\hewlett-packard\hp wireless assistant\HPWAMain.exe
mRun: [AVG7_CC] c:\progra~1\grisoft\avg7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
mRun: [EvtMgr6] c:\program files\logitech\setpointp\SetPoint.exe /launchGaming
dRun: [AVG7_Run] c:\progra~1\grisoft\avg7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE
StartupFolder: c:\users\me\appdata\roaming\micros~1\windows\startm~1\programs\startup\logite~1.lnk - c:\program files\common files\logishrd\ereg\setpoint\eReg.exe
StartupFolder: c:\users\me\appdata\roaming\micros~1\windows\startm~1\programs\startup\onenot~1.lnk - c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
StartupFolder: c:\progra~2\micros~1\windows\startm~1\programs\startup\blueto~1.lnk - c:\program files\widcomm\bluetooth software\BTTray.exe
mPolicies-system: EnableLUA = 0 (0x0)
mPolicies-system: EnableUIADesktopToggle = 0 (0x0)
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\micros~2\office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
IE: Send image to &Bluetooth Device... - c:\program files\widcomm\bluetooth software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
IE: Send page to &Bluetooth Device... - c:\program files\widcomm\bluetooth software\btsendto_ie.htm
IE: {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - c:\program files\widcomm\bluetooth software\btsendto_ie.htm
IE: {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0005-ABCDEFFEDCBC} - c:\program files\java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
IE: {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - {48E73304-E1D6-4330-914C-F5F514E3486C} - c:\progra~1\micros~2\office12\ONBttnIE.dll
IE: {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - {FF059E31-CC5A-4E2E-BF3B-96E929D65503} - c:\progra~1\micros~2\office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
IE: {DDE87865-83C5-48c4-8357-2F5B1AA84522} - {DDE87865-83C5-48c4-8357-2F5B1AA84522} - c:\program files\hp\digital imaging\smart web printing\hpswp_BHO.dll
Notify: avgwlntf - avgwlntf.dll
LSA: Notification Packages = scecli DPPWDFLT
mASetup: {10880D85-AAD9-4558-ABDC-2AB1552D831F} - "c:\program files\common files\lightscribe\LSRunOnce.exe"

================= FIREFOX ===================

FF - ProfilePath - c:\users\me\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\xue1rgkd.default\

============= SERVICES / DRIVERS ===============

R1 AvgClean;AVG7 Clean Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgclean.sys [2008-8-24 10760]
R1 AvgMfx86;AVG Minifilter x86 Resident Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgmfx86.sys [2008-8-24 26952]
R2 AESTFilters;Andrea ST Filters Service;c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\stwrt.inf_9a642328\AEstSrv.exe [2008-8-16 73728]
R2 Avg7Alrt;AVG7 Alert Manager Server;c:\progra~1\grisoft\avg7\avgamsvr.exe [2008-8-24 418816]
R2 Avg7UpdSvc;AVG7 Update Service;c:\progra~1\grisoft\avg7\avgupsvc.exe [2008-8-24 49664]
R2 AvgCoreSvc;AVG7 Resident Shield Service;c:\progra~1\grisoft\avg7\avgrssvc.exe [2008-8-24 192512]
R2 hpsrv;HP Service;c:\windows\system32\hpservice.exe [2008-3-18 19456]
R2 Recovery Service for Windows;Recovery Service for Windows;c:\windows\sminst\BLService.exe [2008-6-12 341328]
R2 vfsFPService;Validity Fingerprint Service;c:\windows\system32\vfsFPService.exe [2008-4-27 599344]
R3 Com4QLBEx;Com4QLBEx;c:\program files\hewlett-packard\hp quick launch buttons\Com4QLBEx.exe [2008-6-12 193840]
R3 enecir;ENE CIR Receiver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\enecir.sys [2008-1-24 52736]
R3 JMCR;JMCR;c:\windows\system32\drivers\jmcr.sys [2008-4-11 84240]
R3 vfs101x;vfs101x;c:\windows\system32\drivers\vfs101x.sys [2008-4-27 40752]
S2 Viewpoint Manager Service;Viewpoint Manager Service;"c:\program files\viewpoint\common\viewpointservice.exe" --> c:\program files\viewpoint\common\ViewpointService.exe [?]
S3 RTCore32;RTCore32;c:\program files\rmclock\RTCore32.sys [2008-9-8 4608]

=============== Created Last 30 ================

2011-01-11 15:00:50 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Defraggler
2011-01-11 14:54:28 38224 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2011-01-11 14:54:26 20952 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2011-01-11 14:54:26 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

==================== Find3M ====================

============= FINISH: 0:18:21.70 ===============

Attached Files

#4 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

Hello

I Would like you to do the following.

Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.

Run Combofix:

You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)

Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<

Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.

You can download Combofix from one of these links.
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.
2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it will produce a report for you.

Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall

Note 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer

"information and logs"

• In your next post I need the following
  • Log from Combofix
  • let me know of any problems you may have had
  • How is the computer doing now?

Gringo
I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know

If I Have Not Replied To One Of My Topics In 48 Hrs Please Bump The Topic

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->btn_donate_SM.gif<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

Proud Graduate Of Malware Removal University

#5 Euphemism

Euphemism
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:15 AM

First, I'd like to say that I've saved one file (a journal icon) aside from the obvious logs and documents made to ensure I have instructions/document any problems that may occur. I've also created a new folder called "Stuff" on my desktop to put the recycle bin's former contents inside. These were installers and a registry backup (from CCleaner) that the person who attempted to fix my hard drive left in the bin but unemptied. Since the same person will be helping me replace the dying drive, I wanted to make sure that his leftovers were still there just in case.

Not sure if that is relevant.

When I ran ComboFix, it said that it was attempting to make a restore point. Something popped up shortly after with two progress bars. If I recall correctly, one was red and one was green. I had to rush to grab some paper and a pen, and by the time I came back, it was gone. But the screen that popped up said it was backing up the registry. And said something about "erndt" or a similar location/name starting with an e and almost certainly containing an n.

While scanning, desktop flashed. All desktop and taskbar icons disappeared then reappeared. (This happened again a few times during the course of using ComboFix.)

The scan made my hard drive light blink erratically for the entire duration, which was kind of scary. But something it has done before and which I've been told goes hand-in-hand with the fact that it is damaged and in need of replacement. I began with 68.7 GB free space. After all was said and done, I now have 68.2 GB free space. I suspect this is related to the restore point creation, as ever since my hard drive started going bad restore points in particular cause erratic behaviour until the system is rebooted.

My fan didn't stop after shutdown or spin up at high upon reboot. It just kept running. I normally do a full shut down and manual start up instead of restarting, so I'm not sure if this was normal. Hence noting it just in case. The fan kept running, so at least that's better than not running at all.

After it restarted my computer, ComboFix said not to run programs, but my normal startup programs ran automatically. It marked the driver for my mouse for deletion, and I opened the WordPad document in which I'd saved instructions (printer's out of ink) to see what the instructions were.

I waited until after ComboFix was done and the log was produced then attempted to open the WordPad file again. I got the same error. I restarted my system immediately, this time using the restart command. Once again, the fan stayed on the entire time.

Afterward, the IE desktop icon appeared. I have always had it set not to appear. It reappeared once before after using ComboFix (under the guidance of a helper on a similar site). After removing it - I think I may have thrown it into the recycle bin back then - I was never able to make an IE desktop icon again. Which didn't bother me, but again seems somewhat relevant to mention.

Without connecting to the internet, I attempted to turn AVG Resident Shield back on. When I double-clicked Resident Shield, my motherboard beeped. (Or a classic computer-beep type noise originated from AVG? It's hard to tell, because my speakers are around what I'd assume to be the motherboard area, by the hinge and power supply). An IE window popped up that led to:

h**p://www.avgfrance.com/doc/special-avg-free-conversion-ad-05-app-freecnv/fr/

Asterisks in case it's a dangerous link. This seems particularly disturbing because I am not, nor have I (or this computer) ever been to France. Why would I be taken to a French AVG-related site? It timed out, of course, because there was no network connection available. I dare not try to see what is on the other side of the link, because the circumstances surrounding its appearance make me uneasy.

I noticed that the ComboFix log mentioned something called "lujrdngi.sys," but a google search netted no results at all. If it's not too much to ask, I'd love to know what this is supposed to be, just out of curiosity. It also has an [x] by Viewpoint Manager, but that nasty little bug still appears inside my Control Panel > Programs area as a thin entry which leads nowhere and has a blank page for its icon.

Google results still have the strange gibberish surrounding them when I try to search. (Is this normal? An example is in the first post, I believe.) And I noticed a brief moment of unexplained data upload/download for a few seconds after reconnecting but that may have been related to the fact that I had closed a tab while it was stil loading. (Is that possible?)

I also feel as if my fan is running on too high of a setting now, but this may be a trick of my hearing. I am somewhat sick right now, and may be paranoid. The temps, monitored by Hardware Monitor, are neither too warm or too cool and are in the general range where it always is. Maybe this is a sign that the fan is still working how it always was. That weird CPU-beep type noise just freaked me out, and I have no clue what caused it. I have not been able to duplicate it by double-clicking the Resident Shield.

Also, is it safe to move the combofix log to my desktop or to just delete it (as I have previous logs)?

Sorry this was so long, but I wanted to be as detailed as possible.

Edit: I opened AIM, and even after my buddy list was fully loaded and my email count checked, I suddenly started noticing a trickle of outbound connection activity. Shortly after, it surged along with inbound activity and stayed that way for about twenty seconds (estimated). Now, I'm seeing random, small (and some not-so-small) trickles of outbound and inbound activity, even though none of my buddies are online, the list isn't open (so no ads should be loading, I'd think), and I am not IMing or chatting. I do not know whether this would be related to AIM (and, if it was, whether it would be normal; I've never noticed such behaviour before) or if it just took this long for the problem to start happening again.

Text input is also suffering the random stalls/lags in Firefox, still.

The log is copy/pasted below:

ComboFix 11-01-31.02 - Me 02/05/2011 1:21.2.2 - x86
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium 6.0.6001.1.1252.1.1033.18.2813.1942 [GMT -6:00]
Running from: c:\users\Me\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2011-01-05 to 2011-02-05 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2011-02-05 07:27 . 2011-02-05 07:27 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Public\AppData\Local\temp
2011-02-05 07:27 . 2011-02-05 07:27 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Default\AppData\Local\temp
2011-02-05 07:27 . 2011-02-05 07:27 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Administrator\AppData\Local\temp
2011-01-11 15:00 . 2011-01-11 15:00 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Defraggler
2011-01-11 14:54 . 2010-04-29 21:39 38224 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2011-01-11 14:54 . 2011-01-11 14:54 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2011-01-11 14:54 . 2010-04-29 21:39 20952 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2008-08-24 08:57 . 2008-08-23 03:53 67696 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\jar50.dll
2008-08-24 08:57 . 2008-08-23 03:53 54376 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\jsd3250.dll
2008-08-24 08:57 . 2008-08-23 03:53 34952 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\myspell.dll
2008-08-24 08:57 . 2008-08-23 03:53 46720 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\spellchk.dll
2008-08-24 08:57 . 2008-08-23 03:53 172144 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\xpinstal.dll

------- Sigcheck -------

[-] 2008-01-27 . 2406E3A5FAE743DCE81168A8CDB8573F . 247296 . . [6.0.6000.16386] . . c:\windows\System32\shsvcs.dll
[7] 2008-01-21 . 27F10F348E508243F6254846F8370D0D . 247296 . . [6.0.6000.16386] . . c:\windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-shsvcs_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.18000_none_cd305d2a1ced96e2\shsvcs.dll
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"LightScribe Control Panel"="c:\program files\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe" [2008-02-26 2289664]
"ehTray.exe"="c:\windows\ehome\ehTray.exe" [2008-01-21 125952]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"StartCCC"="c:\program files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" [2008-01-21 61440]
"SynTPEnh"="c:\program files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe" [2008-01-18 1033512]
"DpAgent"="c:\program files\DigitalPersona\Bin\dpagent.exe" [2008-03-13 699456]
"QlbCtrl.exe"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe" [2008-03-14 202032]
"OnScreenDisplay"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP QuickTouch\HPKBDAPP.exe" [2007-11-02 554288]
"hpqSRMon"="c:\program files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSRMon.exe" [2007-08-22 80896]
"hpWirelessAssistant"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe" [2007-11-20 488752]
"AVG7_CC"="c:\progra~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe" [2008-08-24 579072]
"EvtMgr6"="c:\program files\Logitech\SetPointP\SetPoint.exe" [2010-01-27 1312848]

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"AVG7_Run"="c:\progra~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe" [2008-08-24 219136]

c:\users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Stardock ObjectDock.lnk - c:\program files\Stardock\ObjectDock\ObjectDock.exe [2008-8-24 3450608]

c:\users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Logitech . Product Registration.lnk - c:\program files\Common Files\LogiShrd\eReg\SetPoint\eReg.exe [2009-11-16 517384]
OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk - c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE [2006-10-26 98632]

c:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Bluetooth.lnk - c:\program files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe [2008-1-16 727592]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"EnableLUA"= 0 (0x0)
"EnableUIADesktopToggle"= 0 (0x0)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\avgwlntf]
2008-08-24 07:46 9216 ----a-w- c:\windows\System32\avgwlntf.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\Wdf01000.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^ProgramData^Microsoft^Windows^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Logitech SetPoint.lnk]
path=c:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Logitech SetPoint.lnk
backup=c:\windows\pss\Logitech SetPoint.lnk.CommonStartup
backupExtension=.CommonStartup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Adobe Reader Speed Launcher]
2007-05-11 10:06 40048 ----a-w- c:\program files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Aim6]
2007-12-19 16:02 50528 ----a-w- c:\program files\AIM6\aim6.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\HP Health Check Scheduler]
2008-04-15 20:42 70912 ----a-w- c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\HPHC_Scheduler.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\HP Software Update]
2007-05-08 23:24 54840 ----a-w- c:\program files\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\QPService]
2008-05-15 05:56 468264 ----a-w- c:\program files\HP\QuickPlay\QPService.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SunJavaUpdateSched]
2008-02-22 11:25 144784 ----a-w- c:\program files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\UCam_Menu]
2007-12-24 22:55 222504 ------w- c:\program files\CyberLink\YouCam\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring]
"DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecFirewall]

R0 hjbtbs;hjbtbs;c:\windows\system32\drivers\lujrdngi.sys [x]
R2 Viewpoint Manager Service;Viewpoint Manager Service;c:\program files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe [x]
R3 ewdmaudn;ewdmaudn;c:\users\Me\AppData\Local\Temp\ewdmaudn.sys [x]
R3 RTCore32;RTCore32;c:\program files\RMClock\RTCore32.sys [2005-05-25 4608]
S2 AESTFilters;Andrea ST Filters Service;c:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_9a642328\aestsrv.exe [2008-02-12 73728]
S2 hpsrv;HP Service;c:\windows\system32\Hpservice.exe [2008-03-18 19456]
S2 Recovery Service for Windows;Recovery Service for Windows;c:\windows\SMINST\BLService.exe [2008-03-26 341328]
S2 vfsFPService;Validity Fingerprint Service;c:\windows\system32\vfsFPService.exe [2008-04-28 599344]
S3 Com4QLBEx;Com4QLBEx;c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4QLBEx.exe [2008-04-03 193840]
S3 enecir;ENE CIR Receiver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\enecir.sys [2008-01-24 52736]
S3 JMCR;JMCR;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\jmcr.sys [2008-04-11 84240]
S3 vfs101x;vfs101x;c:\windows\system32\drivers\vfs101x.sys [2008-04-28 40752]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
bthsvcs REG_MULTI_SZ BthServ

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\active setup\installed components\{10880D85-AAD9-4558-ABDC-2AB1552D831F}]
2008-02-26 21:06 451872 ----a-w- c:\program files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSRunOnce.exe
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder

2011-02-05 c:\windows\Tasks\User_Feed_Synchronization-{D77409A7-A3A2-4033-9A35-852519C12020}.job
- c:\windows\system32\msfeedssync.exe [2008-01-21 02:24]
------- Supplementary Scan -------
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
IE: Send image to &Bluetooth Device... - c:\program files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
IE: Send page to &Bluetooth Device... - c:\program files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
FF - ProfilePath - c:\users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xue1rgkd.default\
- - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -

HKLM-Run-SysTrayApp - %ProgramFiles%\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
MSConfigStartUp-ccApp - c:\program files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
MSConfigStartUp-GhostSurfDelSatellite - c:\program files\GhostSurf 2005\DeleteSatellite.exe
MSConfigStartUp-isCfgWiz - c:\program files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\OPC\{C86EA115-FACD-4aa8-BFA2-398C677D0936}\SYMCUW.exe
MSConfigStartUp-SetPoint - c:\program files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.EXE

catchme 0.3.1398 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2011-02-05 01:29
Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

--------------------- LOCKED REGISTRY KEYS ---------------------

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ControlSet002\Control\Class\{4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\AllUserSettings]
@Denied: (A) (Users)
@Denied: (A) (Everyone)
@Allowed: (B 1 2 3 4 5) (S-1-5-20)
"BlindDial"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ControlSet002\Control\Class\{4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0001\AllUserSettings]
--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

- - - - - - - > 'Explorer.exe'(3600)
c:\program files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DpoFeedb.dll
c:\windows\system32\btmmhook.dll
c:\windows\system32\btncopy.dll
------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
c:\windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
c:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_9a642328\STacSV.exe
c:\windows\system32\WLANExt.exe
c:\program files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DpHostW.exe
c:\windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
c:\progra~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
c:\progra~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
c:\progra~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgrssvc.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
c:\program files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPCapSvc.exe
c:\program files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPSched.exe
c:\program files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
c:\program files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
c:\program files\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
c:\program files\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
c:\windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
c:\windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HpqToaster.exe
c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe
c:\\?\c:\windows\system32\wbem\WMIADAP.EXE
Completion time: 2011-02-05 01:34:00 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2011-02-05 07:33

Pre-Run: 73,661,911,040 bytes free
Post-Run: 73,309,925,376 bytes free

- - End Of File - - 3CF5EA0AB1B2DBDADFE64EC35E48B69B

Edited by Euphemism, 05 February 2011 - 03:24 AM.

#6 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:19 AM

Hello

Most if not all of what you wrote in your last post is normal

I want you to run this custom script for me.

:Run CFScript:

Open Notepad and copy/paste the text in the box into the window:

Driver::
hjbtbs
ewdmaudn

Save it to your desktop as CFScript.txt

Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe
Posted Image
This will let ComboFix run again.
Restart if you have to.
Save the produced logfile to your desktop.

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

"information and logs"

• report from Combofix
  • How is the computer doing now after running the script?

Gringo

I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->btn_donate_SM.gif<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

#7 Euphemism

Euphemism
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:54 AM

I encountered no problems running ComboFix. Or at least nothing that I wasn't familiar with from the first run. (Desktop icons disappearing then reappearing, needing to restart after it was done, etc.) This time, no strange IE window popped up before or after I re-enabled Resident Shield.

Currently, my system seems mostly the same as it was before, unfortunately. The google results still show up strangely when hovered and for a few moments after clicked (before the real URL takes over and loads normally).

There was no strange inbound or outbound activity at first, but after I loaded AIM it once again behaved oddly. It spent a significant chunk of time after my contacts, the top ad, and my email count were loaded before the outbound and inbound activity came to a halt. Once or twice during the process, it seemed to stop but started again after no longer than a second.

I'm also still getting continued inbound and outbound connection activity for a few seconds after I close a tab that wasn't fully loaded, even if I click "Stop" first.

ComboFix 11-01-31.02 - Me 02/05/2011 4:25.3.2 - x86
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium 6.0.6001.1.1252.1.1033.18.2813.1949 [GMT -6:00]
Running from: c:\users\Me\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
Command switches used :: c:\users\Me\Desktop\CFScript.txt

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Drivers/Services )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-------\Service_ewdmaudn
-------\Service_hjbtbs

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2011-01-05 to 2011-02-05 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2011-02-05 10:30 . 2011-02-05 10:30 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Public\AppData\Local\temp
2011-02-05 10:30 . 2011-02-05 10:30 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Default\AppData\Local\temp
2011-02-05 10:30 . 2011-02-05 10:30 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Administrator\AppData\Local\temp
2011-01-11 15:00 . 2011-01-11 15:00 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Defraggler
2011-01-11 14:54 . 2010-04-29 21:39 38224 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2011-01-11 14:54 . 2011-01-11 14:54 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2011-01-11 14:54 . 2010-04-29 21:39 20952 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2008-08-24 08:57 . 2008-08-23 03:53 67696 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\jar50.dll
2008-08-24 08:57 . 2008-08-23 03:53 54376 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\jsd3250.dll
2008-08-24 08:57 . 2008-08-23 03:53 34952 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\myspell.dll
2008-08-24 08:57 . 2008-08-23 03:53 46720 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\spellchk.dll
2008-08-24 08:57 . 2008-08-23 03:53 172144 ----a-w- c:\program files\mozilla firefox\components\xpinstal.dll

------- Sigcheck -------

[-] 2008-01-27 . 2406E3A5FAE743DCE81168A8CDB8573F . 247296 . . [6.0.6000.16386] . . c:\windows\System32\shsvcs.dll
[7] 2008-01-21 . 27F10F348E508243F6254846F8370D0D . 247296 . . [6.0.6000.16386] . . c:\windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-shsvcs_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.18000_none_cd305d2a1ced96e2\shsvcs.dll
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"LightScribe Control Panel"="c:\program files\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe" [2008-02-26 2289664]
"ehTray.exe"="c:\windows\ehome\ehTray.exe" [2008-01-21 125952]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"StartCCC"="c:\program files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" [2008-01-21 61440]
"SynTPEnh"="c:\program files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe" [2008-01-18 1033512]
"DpAgent"="c:\program files\DigitalPersona\Bin\dpagent.exe" [2008-03-13 699456]
"QlbCtrl.exe"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe" [2008-03-14 202032]
"OnScreenDisplay"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP QuickTouch\HPKBDAPP.exe" [2007-11-02 554288]
"hpqSRMon"="c:\program files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSRMon.exe" [2007-08-22 80896]
"hpWirelessAssistant"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe" [2007-11-20 488752]
"AVG7_CC"="c:\progra~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe" [2008-08-24 579072]
"EvtMgr6"="c:\program files\Logitech\SetPointP\SetPoint.exe" [2010-01-27 1312848]

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"AVG7_Run"="c:\progra~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe" [2008-08-24 219136]

c:\users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Stardock ObjectDock.lnk - c:\program files\Stardock\ObjectDock\ObjectDock.exe [2008-8-24 3450608]

c:\users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Logitech . Product Registration.lnk - c:\program files\Common Files\LogiShrd\eReg\SetPoint\eReg.exe [2009-11-16 517384]
OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk - c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE [2006-10-26 98632]

c:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Bluetooth.lnk - c:\program files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe [2008-1-16 727592]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"EnableLUA"= 0 (0x0)
"EnableUIADesktopToggle"= 0 (0x0)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\avgwlntf]
2008-08-24 07:46 9216 ----a-w- c:\windows\System32\avgwlntf.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\Wdf01000.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^ProgramData^Microsoft^Windows^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Logitech SetPoint.lnk]
path=c:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Logitech SetPoint.lnk
backup=c:\windows\pss\Logitech SetPoint.lnk.CommonStartup
backupExtension=.CommonStartup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Adobe Reader Speed Launcher]
2007-05-11 10:06 40048 ----a-w- c:\program files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Aim6]
2007-12-19 16:02 50528 ----a-w- c:\program files\AIM6\aim6.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\HP Health Check Scheduler]
2008-04-15 20:42 70912 ----a-w- c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\HPHC_Scheduler.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\HP Software Update]
2007-05-08 23:24 54840 ----a-w- c:\program files\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\QPService]
2008-05-15 05:56 468264 ----a-w- c:\program files\HP\QuickPlay\QPService.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SunJavaUpdateSched]
2008-02-22 11:25 144784 ----a-w- c:\program files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\UCam_Menu]
2007-12-24 22:55 222504 ------w- c:\program files\CyberLink\YouCam\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecFirewall]

R2 Viewpoint Manager Service;Viewpoint Manager Service;c:\program files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe [x]
R3 RTCore32;RTCore32;c:\program files\RMClock\RTCore32.sys [2005-05-25 4608]
S2 AESTFilters;Andrea ST Filters Service;c:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_9a642328\aestsrv.exe [2008-02-12 73728]
S2 hpsrv;HP Service;c:\windows\system32\Hpservice.exe [2008-03-18 19456]
S2 Recovery Service for Windows;Recovery Service for Windows;c:\windows\SMINST\BLService.exe [2008-03-26 341328]
S2 vfsFPService;Validity Fingerprint Service;c:\windows\system32\vfsFPService.exe [2008-04-28 599344]
S3 Com4QLBEx;Com4QLBEx;c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4QLBEx.exe [2008-04-03 193840]
S3 enecir;ENE CIR Receiver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\enecir.sys [2008-01-24 52736]
S3 JMCR;JMCR;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\jmcr.sys [2008-04-11 84240]
S3 vfs101x;vfs101x;c:\windows\system32\drivers\vfs101x.sys [2008-04-28 40752]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
bthsvcs REG_MULTI_SZ BthServ

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\active setup\installed components\{10880D85-AAD9-4558-ABDC-2AB1552D831F}]
2008-02-26 21:06 451872 ----a-w- c:\program files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSRunOnce.exe
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder

2011-02-05 c:\windows\Tasks\User_Feed_Synchronization-{D77409A7-A3A2-4033-9A35-852519C12020}.job
- c:\windows\system32\msfeedssync.exe [2008-01-21 02:24]
------- Supplementary Scan -------
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
IE: Send image to &Bluetooth Device... - c:\program files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
IE: Send page to &Bluetooth Device... - c:\program files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
FF - ProfilePath - c:\users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xue1rgkd.default\

catchme 0.3.1398 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2011-02-05 04:32
Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

--------------------- LOCKED REGISTRY KEYS ---------------------

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ControlSet002\Control\Class\{4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\AllUserSettings]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ControlSet002\Control\Class\{4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0001\AllUserSettings]
--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

- - - - - - - > 'Explorer.exe'(3568)
c:\program files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DpoFeedb.dll
c:\windows\system32\btmmhook.dll
c:\windows\system32\btncopy.dll
------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
c:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_9a642328\STacSV.exe
c:\windows\system32\WLANExt.exe
c:\program files\DigitalPersona\Bin\DpHostW.exe
c:\windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
c:\progra~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
c:\progra~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
c:\program files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPCapSvc.exe
c:\program files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPSched.exe
c:\program files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
c:\program files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
c:\program files\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
c:\windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\LogiShrd\KHAL3\KHALMNPR.EXE
c:\windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HpqToaster.exe
c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe
c:\\?\c:\windows\system32\wbem\WMIADAP.EXE
Completion time: 2011-02-05 04:36:13 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2011-02-05 10:36
ComboFix2.txt 2011-02-05 07:34

Pre-Run: 73,260,158,976 bytes free
Post-Run: 73,201,172,480 bytes free

- - End Of File - - D4F0903CD05E2B8C11ECFEE68B20EBB8

#8 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

These logs are looking alot better. But we still have some work to do.

Please print out these instructions, or copy them to a Notepad file. It will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps..

uninstall some programs

1. click on start
2. then go to settings
3. after that you need control panel
4. look for the icon add/remove programs
click on the following programs

Adobe Reader 8.1.0
Java™ 6 Update 5

and click on remove

Update Adobe Reader

Recently there have been vunerabilities detected in older versions of Adobe Reader. It is strongly suggested that you update to the current version.

You can download it from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
After installing the latest Adobe Reader, uninstall all previous versions.
If you already have Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition installed or do not wish to have it installed UNcheck the box which says Also Download Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition.

If you don't like Adobe Reader (53 MB), you can download Foxit PDF Reader(7 MB) from here. It's a much smaller file to download and uses a lot less resources than Adobe Reader.

Note: When installing FoxitReader, be carefull not to install anything to do with AskBar.
[/list]
Install Java:

Please go here to install Java

• click on the Free Java Download Button
  • click on Agree and start Free download
  • click on Run
  • click on run again
  • click on install
  • when install is complete click on close

Clear your Java Cache

• click on Start-> Control Panel (Classic View)-> Java (looks like a coffee cup)
    • On the General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings button.
    • Next, click on the Delete Files button
    • There are two options in the window to clear the cache - Leave BOTH Checked
      Applications and Applets
      Trace and Log Files
  • Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window
    Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.
  • Click OK to leave the Temporary Files Window
  • Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel.

TFC(Temp File Cleaner):

• Please download TFC to your desktop,
  • Save any unsaved work. TFC will close all open application windows.
  • Double-click TFC.exe to run the program.
  • If prompted, click "Yes" to reboot.
Note: Save your work. TFC will automatically close any open programs, let it run uninterrupted. It shouldn't take longer take a couple of minutes, and may only take a few seconds. Only if needed will you be prompted to reboot.

: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware :

• I would like you to rerun MBAM
  • Double-click mbam icon
  • go to the update tab at the top
  • click on check for updates
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply
  • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
  • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Download HijackThis

• Go Here to download HijackThis Installer
  • Save HijackThis Installer to your desktop.
  • Double-click on the HijackThis Installer icon on your desktop. (Vista and Win 7 right click and run as admin)
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on Edit > Select All then click on Edit > Copy to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
  • DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

[b]"information and logs"

• Log From MBAM
  • report from Hijackthis

#9 Euphemism

Euphemism
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:13 AM

Unfortunately, I don't have time to download or run anything right now. However, I have a question and figured it'd be best to go ahead and ask in hopes of not causing a huge delay.

Is it possible to skip the uninstalling and downloading for Acrobat Reader/Foxit? My hard drive is in a poor state right now, so the less moving around of data done, the better. If I don't use Acrobat Reader, will that make it safe to hold off on that particular step until I've replaced the drive?

#10 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:17 PM

for now yes do skip it

Gringo

#11 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:21 AM

Hello

48 Hour bump

It has been more than 48 hours since my last post.

• do you still need help with this?
  • do you need more time?
  • are you having problems following my instructions?
  • if after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed!

Gringo

#12 Euphemism

Euphemism
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:38 AM

Gringo,

I apologize for the delay (and for not giving warning), and shall hopefully get back to this soon. My connection was being too slow to allow downloads these past couple of days, and is still a little slow now but not quite as much. Since it's dial-up and the landline has been a bit fuzzy too, I'm confident that it's a phone company issue and not anything related to my computer. But, yes, I do still need assistance; and I haven't found any places yet where I'm uncertain of how to follow your instructions.

While I'm here, however, there's one more question. The last time I ran TFC, it took away my computer's audio capability. Something in the following disinfection process brought it back, and I have no clue what. (That was a different time, not this time; I haven't run TFC since.) Is that something that could once again be fixed if it happened? I'm feeling a little hesitant on that step because of the strange issue last time.

#13 Euphemism

Euphemism
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:30 AM

Hi again.

I've updated Java, but will pause there until I hear back regarding TFC and because I've encountered a disturbing snag.

During the process of uninstalling the old Java and downloading the new one, My hard drive was overstressed. The light blinked erratically - which I suppose might be normal (it never acted so strange before it started going bad, though) - but also clicking. That's always a bad sign in my experience, but unfortunately very common lately while it's downloading or accessing a large amount of data.

It chirped very lowly, and after the install was complete I noticed that I'd lost 500MB of storage space when only under 100MB was actually taken by the Java install (according to add/remove programs). This mysteriously-disappearing space is indeed one of the signs I've had that my drive is going bad, so I don't necessarily think anything went wrong with the install. I just know that my drive apparently didn't take well to the process.

After turning the system back on, I've noticed that there's a touch of lag and I've lost another 100MB of space.

I was wondering if I should be worried about running TFC in particular because I assume that all thumbnails and stuff will have to be repopulated after the temporary files are cleansed. I'm a bit terrified of how the troubled hard drive would handle such a thing - if it could handle it at all.

Perhaps you can offer your opinion, or a list of the pros and cons regarding running TFC when my drive's in such a state? I'm aware that general advice is not to even run the system once the drive has started clicking, but I want to try to make sure it's as virus/malware-free as I can safely get it before having the whole thing ghosted onto a new drive.

#14 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:32 AM

Hello

yea lets stop with the normal stuff and make sure you arer clean follow these instructions

• I would like you to rerun MBAM
  • Double-click mbam icon
  • go to the update tab at the top
  • click on check for updates
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply
  • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
  • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Eset Online Scanner

**Note** You will need to use Internet explorer for this scan

Go Eset web page to run an online scannner from ESET.

• Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
  • click on the ESET Online Scanner button
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
    • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the activex control to install
    • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked and the Scan Archives option is ticked.
  • Click on Advanced Settings, ensure the options
    Scan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications, and Enable Anti-Stealth Technology are ticked.
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\Eset\Eset Online Scanner\log.txt
Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic

"information and logs"

• Log From MBAM
  • Log From ESET Online Scanner

Gringo

#15 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:34 AM

Hello

48 Hour bump

It has been more than 48 hours since my last post.

• do you still need help with this?
  • do you need more time?
  • are you having problems following my instructions?
  • if after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed!

Gringo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users