2.0 is the first time I've experienced a relatively-stable version of Firefox. For that, it has been my favourite and I've resisted change - especially while hearing about the woes of later versions from friends who came to accept browser crashes as a common part of using Firefox.
However, I've discovered that Fingerfox - one of the extensions I consider mandatory - is compatible and I'm in the process of getting my hard drive replaced. Now seemed like the right time to make a choice about which version of Fx to use.
I just have some questions, first, in the hopes of making the decision an informed one.
- Most importantly, is it stable (as in: doesn't crash often)?
- Is it really less of a memory hog than previous Firefox versions?
- I read a lot about it working well with Windows 7. What about Vista (32-bit)?
- Is 3GB of RAM enough to support the latest version of Firefox?
- Will adjusting to the new bookmarks handling be difficult?
- Are the security features as useful as the Mozilla site makes them sound?
- Is there anything important I should know before deciding whether to make the switch?
Thanks for taking the time to read this, and especially thanks to anyone who responds.
Also, I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong subforum. This seems like the right area, but I'm not completely certain.