Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

used 7 on two different comps ...oops now im in a pickle how do i fix this?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DerBear89

DerBear89

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:17 AM

bad two years for computers for me but here is what happened. i bought an oem win7 for a newly build desktop
the desktop later ran into problems and i had to replace a few parts that whole process took over 3 months. while
that was going on my laptop hard drive failed and i had to replace it >_<. so i was kind of in a state of emergency
because i was computer-less and i am a full time student graduating in a year or so. finally got my desktop fixed and
everything was just the way i left it.

yesterday it says some hardware had changed. (not the hard drive though) and i needed to re register my product. but now
it wont let me because the same product key is on my laptop.

ideally i would like the os working on my desktop because thats what i bought it for. is there anyway i can make this happen?
im not really sure how i go about making this change can anyone weigh in?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:06 AM

So you used the same disk to install on two systems? If that's the case you broke MS' EULA. You need to call them.

If that's not the case please clarify. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users