Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

STOP: c oooo 145 {application error. The application failed to initialize properly (0x 0000005).

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mixpix

mixpix

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:02 PM

STOP: c oooo 145 {application error. The application failed to initialize properly (0x 0000005). Click OK to terminate application.

The above message is what I receive, when I run "error check". It was advised from the Microsoft website that I ran ERROR CHECK, along with "disk cleanup" & "defrag" analysis, to see if the machine needs to be defragged.

I went along with the advised procedures by Microsoft, because it was said that the computer would run faster. I've been doing the ones that worked, defrag analysis, disk clean up & CC Cleaner. Along with those maintenance tasks, I update all the definitions on the malware software.

With the aforementioned error message problem with the lap top, I also have a problem with Adobe Reader (listed in another topic), that I can't uninstall it, without getting a 'Error 1402' message. Then the one last problem is the cursor jumping around at random times, when I am typing to either the forum or in a Word document.

I mention these other issues because I am not sure they're not related. This is a DELL Inspiron 1520, Centrino (2007).

I have another laptop, a 5150 Inspiron, with a P4 chip, and it absolutely has no issues. It hasn't even caught a virus. I don't use it as much now, but in the past I took it everywhere. It is heavy & the fan was on the bottom, so I built a stand out of PVC pipe & fittings. It kept the laptop off of the surface so it could get air circulation to cool, but just recently, I thought that the Mother Board gave out. I sent it in, & for $200, I got the machine back, running as good as ever.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1709
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo i5-4210U CPU  T5750 @ 1.70gHz 2.40 GHz
Ram: 8.00 GB
system type: 64bit x-64-based processor
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/VNZNmcrsHQpEHgN51iurDWj

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,285 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:15 AM

What steps are you taking to run the check?

That error seems to indicate a hard drive problem, which is why it was suggested to run chkdsk /r.

Start/Run...type chkdsk /r and hit Enter. Type Y in new screen and hit Enter. Reboot the system. The command should execute, before booting into XP.

Louis

#3 mixpix

mixpix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:40 AM

Thanks Louis,

I will try that procedure when not already surfing the web, as I am now. I have to ask what running the "chkdsk" does? Or will it tell me something?

You say it is suppose to reboot into XP, as the "errorcheck" is suppose to reboot to XP? Whenever I run error check, the thing reboots, but goes to blue screen with that error message. Am I to assume that if I have a bad disk, I've always had it? And if I do have a bad disk, what can I do about it?

I will reply back when I do the procedure, Thanks,

mixpix

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1709
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo i5-4210U CPU  T5750 @ 1.70gHz 2.40 GHz
Ram: 8.00 GB
system type: 64bit x-64-based processor
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/VNZNmcrsHQpEHgN51iurDWj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users