Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 rebooting loop during installation

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Priscila

Priscila

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:58 PM

Okay so i have this machine, acer m3100, that originally had windows vista. I tried to do a clean install of windows 7, with an original windows 7 installation cd. Everything would go okay until right after the computer restarts and goes to the part of COMPLETING INSTALLATION. At that moment my screen suddenly flashes with the blue screen of death. i wasnt able to right the error that shows up though. Then the computer restarts and goes to setup devices and right after that an error message appears saying, windows did not complete installation, due to an unexpected restart, restart the computer and restart the installation. If i click okay it will go into an endless loop. Restarting one time after another. So i thought i would install windows vista again. Try to make things the way they were before, but i get the same error. i'm only able to install xp. With XP everything works fine. I do want to be able to install windows 7 though. I have tried almost every trick in the book. Nothing has helped. Im thinking this isnt a hardware problem since it works with xp, probably a configuration problem. If someone can help me i would highly appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:20 AM

Hardware that works with Windows XP maybe too old to work with Windows 7.

#3 Dmacf10

Dmacf10

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:25 AM

Have you run the Windows Upgrade Advisor? Sometimes it can tell you if there might be a compatibility issue with your system. You may also need a BIOS update...

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,633 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:09 AM

You say it originally had Vista installed. Why did you try to install W7 - just as an upgrade or was there some problem? And I agree you should run the Windows Upgrade Advisor.

#5 Priscila

Priscila
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:21 AM

Hi, my computer originally came with windows vista. It never had windows xp before this problem. I wasn't having problems with windows vista, i just wanted to upgrade to 7. I did an upgrade advisor and everything came out good, i was good to go. Instead of an upgrade a decided to do a fresh install. Now i cant use windows 7, or vista, only xp. I managed to catch a glimpse of the blue screen before the pc rebooted once and it said. SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. I already did memory test, hard drive test. Im trying to install windows with only one module of 2 gb ram. I dont know what else to do. Please help.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:42 AM

How did you test the hdd?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 Priscila

Priscila
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:00 AM

hi, i checked the hdd through western digital diagnostics and everything came back normal. i tried to do chkkdsk /f but it came back saying that the disk was write protected. i found that odd because how can a hdd be write protected? the computer works fine with windows xp, which i dont understand how. there is no bios update for the motherboard. i was able to get some more information from the blue screen the error is Stop : 0x0000003b System Service Exception.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:29 AM

Did you run the extended test?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users