Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Update Graphic Card Driver?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CookiesnCakes

CookiesnCakes

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:49 PM

Yeah, I've been playing a game and some... functions causes a BSOD, saying a critical error has happened and needs to shut down. Other times, my graphic card crashes and I have to do a complete restart.
Anyways, I've been recommended to update my graphic card's driver, etc... but the thing is, Intel's main site can't detect my graphic card and the ones I manually download from the site won't install, saying that it can't find the hardware it's supposed to update.

I'm running an Intel® Q965 Express Chipset Family.
Driver Provider: Intel Corporation
Version: 6.14.10.4943
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Err... I forgot how to do the complete BIOS list... so...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:19 PM

That should be motherboard intergrated video. You need to download the drivers from the motherboard manufacturers site.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:34 AM

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 CookiesnCakes

CookiesnCakes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/ArtEgIRZVjaYp0uxMIKsN1z

#5 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

Tell me if I am wrong but that is an Optiplex 745 or 745c. According to your report you are using the latest driver issued by Dell. unfortunately because of the way some vendors impliment discrete graphics and other items in their motherboards drivers issued from any other source may not work.

All hope is not lost since it is possible that the onlt real problem you have is a corrupted driver. Download the latest driver from Dell so you can be sure it is okay. Then go to device manager, display adapters, and open the intel graphics. Go to the driver tab and choose to uninstall the driver. If a wizard pops up asking to search from the driver just cancel out. Now run the device driver file you downloaded from Dell then restart. Hopefully your issues will be over.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users