Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless adapter trouble?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HLemon

HLemon

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:05 PM

I have never had trouble using my computer's wireless before, but a few days ago my problems started. I tried connecting to a router which I had never had trouble with previously, and it wouldn't connect. I can detect other wireless networks, I just can't connect to them. When I go to the Device Manager and look under my wireless adapter, it says that it isn't connected. I have searched for updated drivers and found none. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? For the record, my computer is a Toshiba Satellite A665D and the wireless adapter is a "Realtek RTL819SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCE-E NIC".

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 odin88

odin88

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

Hi,
try this .....go here ..... http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=21&PFid=48&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=230&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true ... scroll down to your driver (rtl819se(Win7)download and save to your desktop.... now do this... start> right click computer> properties> device manager> network adapters> right click "Realtek RTL819SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCE-E NIC">uninstall ... now reboot you will get new hardware pop ups on reboot decline these. on your desktop right click on the driver zip file and run as administrator, double click .exe file that is in the zip folder and follow the prompts,you will have to reboot your machine for the changes to take affect.... this should resolve your issue.

Iain.

Edited by odin88, 29 January 2011 - 05:08 PM.

our attitude toward life determins lifes attitude towards us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users