Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is up with Extracting Files

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kcsummer

kcsummer

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:43 PM

Trying to figure out why everything I have tried to download is unsuccessful because there are plug-ins missing or else they need extracting and I can't figure out how the heck to do the extraction thing and it is seriously stressing me because I got stuff I need to do and all I'm doing is spending time trying to get the software i need to do my "stuff" but I can't because they all need extracting.

Used to be you just downloaded something and it installed and that was that. How the heck did I end up with this program thing that has tools including extraction and lists all the sub files? Where did it come from? it doen't say what it is so i tried to get a screenshot of it and attach it here but the attachment wouldn't work and so then I lost all what I typed looking for that and now I'm back retyping and i'm being technologically challenged and up until today I never though maybe I have alzheimers because i'm getting nowhere?

Please (whining too) help me!???:lmao::huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

What exactly are you trying to download and install?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 kcsummer

kcsummer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

I have lots of things backed up to install. Yesterday I finally got a driver installed to control the touch pad on my lap top but it took me forever to figure out how to do it just basically doing this and then that and then somehow I managed it.

I tried to get a screenshot of what I'm looking at uploaded here but then it said i didn't have something so then try something else and anyway so I can't upload the screen shot but what I am trying to do the immediate issue now is just a simple pdf reader like adobe acrobat or any other pdf reader i just want to be able to open pdf files but instead i'm stuck now trying to figure out why everything has to be extracted and i cant just install something any more.

I am getting buried deeper an deeper needing this to do that but not that till i do the other and now i can't even remember where all this started but i never used to have to do extraction stuff, i just downloaded a file and it installed, now I have to go through hell and then some to just open a #%$ file?????

#4 kcsummer

kcsummer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

Meanwhile I am stresssed to here because absolutely nothing done today but try to put out fires and figure out how to do what used to be so very simple, I'm ready to lose it frankly, sorry, i know its not your problem but I'm falling further behind and getting nowhere except in deeper.

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

now is just a simple pdf reader like adobe acrobat or any other pdf reader i just want to be able to open pdf files

Download and install Foxit PDF Reader(3.5MB) from HERE.
It's a much smaller file to download and uses a lot less resources than Adobe Reader.
Note: When installing FoxitReader, make sure to UN-check any pre-checked toolbar, or other garbage.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users