Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer goes to sleep during game play

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gamergirl82

Gamergirl82

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

I have a Toshiba satellite L505D-GS6000

I have been playing WOW since i got this laptop and ive never had any issues this computer has been the best ive ever gotten to own.

Just a few days ago i was online with muliple browser tabs open because i was doing research for my school paper. I am ADHD and need multiple things going on at once to concentrate(yeah i know its wierd) I also had WoW up in windowed and played and studied back and forth. I was killing something and my screen went black and the the power light turned orange. So i clicked on the power button and it came back on to my computer log in screen, i logged in and i was still attacking the creature and everything was fine like nothing happened. Well it started to do it more and more and more it was driving me nuts. It seemed as though maybe my laptop was starting to overheat. So i cleaned it out thoroughly the fan everything(it did need it) and i got a laptop cooling thing to put under it. At first i was relieved i thought it had worked but it just wasnt doing it as much now. So next i ran everything from spybot to malware, anti-virus, and i cleaned it and defragged it. I also got rid of a bunch of old programs and games i dont use and that didnt work. I got a suggestion to get the vista services optimizer and to use it to put my comp into gaming mode when i play. For a bit that seemed to work. Then i had a browser up and the game and it did it again. so i figured maybe its a bios thing so i checked my bios is up to date but i still got it and used a cd to boot my comp with it again even thought it was the same version. Last night i played all night no issues i even had browsers up for school. Then today a few mins ago i have no game running just the browsers doing my school work and bam it did it again :( so i dont know whats wrong ive tried everything! I cant send it in because i need it for school i go to online school. so plz someone help! :question:

Edited by Gamergirl82, 27 January 2011 - 05:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 A. Gillenormand

A. Gillenormand

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:05 AM

This might be a stupid idea (and you may have already done this), but have you checked your laptop power settings and when it is (if so) set to go to sleep? Also, is there any possibility that there might be a power issue like a low battery or an adapter getting knocked out or dislodged?

...any odd key combinations (or other imput--sorry, I don't know how WoW is played :) ) during gameplay that might be doing something?

(I don't know much if anything about this problem, but those are just a few thoughts that occur to me.)

Edited by A. Gillenormand, 28 January 2011 - 02:07 AM.

#3 Gamergirl82

Gamergirl82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:09 AM

yeah my husbands father is good with comps and told me that so i did turn all sleep/hibernate settings to never and my comp didnt have a prob for about a day. well now when my screen goes black the orange light doesnt go on and when i move/tilt/jiggle my comp the screen comes back on. (this is new) and before i did the sleep thing when it went black once i was so mad i didnt touch anything and the light went orange then after a little bit turned green again and my screen came back up. so im really confused.

#4 slare

slare

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

It will be under power settings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users