Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What video card to buy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 squakin1200

squakin1200

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 20 October 2004 - 11:57 PM

I just put together a new system: P4 3.0 800FSB 512 Ram IC7 motherboard. But I got an FX 5200 which I hear is not very good. I want to upgrade but I don't have 400 dollars to spend. What card should I get for 100-200 dollars? How much better is the fx 5700LE?
Any help????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:41 AM

If you can sell your existing card and fork out a few bucks you can get the ATI 9800 Pro.

If you want to wait a week or so, Nvidia will be coming out with the 6600GT AGP version which should retail around 200 dollars. That would be your best bet and are better than the 5700LE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users