Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blackening and Whitewash Screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 KeepinRoxSilent

KeepinRoxSilent

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:36 PM

Hello!

I guess I'll cut to the chase.

I'm running Windows 7, and this problem has occurred no more than a week ago. It seemed to take place right after I downloaded a demo from fileplanet.com.

After turning my computer on, my screen will begin to act up. Half of the screen will turn black, then the entire screen will black out momentarily. I will lose function of my mouse at this time. It seems that the screen freezes, but there is still function going on behind that "picture". When the screen corrects itself, usually 5 seconds later, whatever I had been typing while the screen was acting up, or clicking, or moving the mouse will be there. After the blackout session, my computer often will fade to white, then snap back to its normal state. Oddly enough this is not happening as I'm typing this post, so I'm not sure if its relative to doing this as I open new programs.

Unfortunately, my Anti-Virus(Kaspersky) just expired. Also, in my excellent proactive habit I just now created the recovery disks that my laptop has been begging me to create from day 1. I fear that any damage done to my laptop will also be in the recovery disks as well. To try and fix this problem I have tried restoring my computer to an earlier time (up to a month previous), with no progress.

In the past on other computers I had downloaded Hijack This and MBAM, but I have not attempted such yet as I will wait for your direction.

Thanks in advance for your help.
-Drew

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users