Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Copy And Paste Files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brokenhorseshoe

brokenhorseshoe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 13 December 2005 - 12:32 PM

I know this is simple.I've been told, but can someone explain this to me in great detail?

thanks for the help guys :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 13 December 2005 - 01:14 PM

Several ways to do it. Try this method:

Right click on the file you wish to copy.
Click on 'Copy'.
Then navigate to where you want to copy the file to.
Right click.
Click on 'Paste'.

Selection Tips:
  • To select several individual files: Push CTRL and hold. Then select files by clicking on them.
  • To select a few files in a row: Click on the first file, push and hold 'Shift' key, click on the last file. All files in between (inclusive) will be selected.
Once selected, you must copy by right clicking on any one of the selected files and then clicking on 'copy', and then paste as directed above.

Shortcuts:
  • Select 'All' : CTRL + A
  • Copy : CTRL + C
  • Paste: CTRL + V
Another Tip:
  • To move a file, right click on it and choose 'Cut', then paste as directed above. This will delete the file from it's original spot as well as paste it to it's new location.

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 13 December 2005 - 01:29 PM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 13 December 2005 - 01:19 PM

brokenhorseshoe,

First of all I'd like to say welcome to Bleeping Computer. In reference to your question, files are moved by a term called dragging and dropping. Also duplicate files can be created and those are referred to as copied files. I'll add a link here that has some screenshots and explains it in more detail. File moving link here. If you still need more information or explanation, please post back. Thats what Bleeping Computer is all about.

Be (Drag & Drop) Safe

Da Bleeping Advisor Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users