Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Games? I want my solitare!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sudsy

sudsy

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:39 PM

Can I copy the games that came with Win XP and move them to the new machines using Win 7 Home Prem.? I use that Solitare game a lot to keep myself occupied! Or can I put them on a stick and run them from there. I used to do that at work after they removed all the games from our pc's.

Soap :dance:
UFO pilot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:40 PM

You can certainly try. It won't hurt anything. You may have to run them in XP compatibility mode.

#3 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

How do I copy them off of the XP machine? I tried going to the program files and found them and sent them to the stick but it seems like they are just the shortcuts and not the actual program files.
UFO pilot

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

Right-click on the shortcut - Properties - Look in the TARGET "box" - that will tell you where the executable file is located. Open Windows Explorer, navigate to that location, copy the executable to your usb drive.

#5 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

www.solsuite.com/freeware.htm

I found the link above and it works nicely. I like!

Soap :thumbsup:
UFO pilot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users