Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

premium_.s3.amazon and google-analytics redirect virus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mgoodri2

mgoodri2

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:31 AM

I believe my computer is infected with a very annoying redirect virus (or two?). When I search a topic on Google.com and click a link listed in the search results, about 1 out of every 4 or 5 times, I get redirected to a website staring with "http://premium_.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html..." or "http://www.google-analytics.com...".

My computer was recently infected with the happili.com redirect virus as well. I'm guessing there were other infections because one day, my main profile wouldnt load and I got error messages from Windows saying that "Windows could not connect to the Group Policy Client". I tried fixing it, downloaded Malwarebytes, Spyware Doctor, and Webroot, but nothing helped. I ended up reinstalling a clean version of Windows Vista (32 bit, SP1) yesterday (25-Jan-2011).

I am on a Dell Studio 1535 laptop running Windows Vista (32 bit, SP1). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:31 PM

Hello.

Just to confirm, you are still experiencing redirects after a clean install of Windows?

Do you use a wireless router in your home?

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 mgoodri2

mgoodri2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

Yes, I am still experiencing the redirects AFTER the clean install. I do use a wireless router. It is a Belkin 3G router. Thanks for the response!

#4 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:57 PM

Hello.

sorry for the delay.

You need to reset your router back to factory settings. The exact process varies from model to model, but usually involves pressing in a 'RESET' button with a pin for about 15-30 seconds. The button should be located somewhere on the device. You should consult your router documentation for details.

Note that you will need to reconfigure the router after performing the reset. Additionally, make sure that you secure the router config with a strong password. Again, consult your router documentation for details on this process.

After resetting the router, let me know if the redirects continue.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#5 mgoodri2

mgoodri2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:47 PM

Seems to be working so far! I will post again if for some reason the redirects start again, but for now, it appears to be fixed! Thank you so much for your help!

#6 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:11 PM

Glad I could help.

~Blade

Posted Image

Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users