Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet slow on one pc only others fine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arnookie

arnookie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:57 AM

I have 5 pc's connected to internet all run fine and return good speed on speedtest.net apart from one. It will get good speed once in a while then slow speed most other times. I get around 4-5 meg download and 800kb upload from all other pc's. My problem is the one pc that gives me about 800kb download and only 50-150k upload. Tried cleaning with all virus removal tools / combofix / fixitdrweb/ hijackthis/ norman malaware cleaner/ smitfraudfix/ superantispyware/ and repairing winsock
I am running all my pc's on windows 7. I just can't seem to fix this. Has anyone got any ideas. Maybe I am missing something.
Any help would be great.
Thanks. :o)

system intel quad q6600 2.40 cpu
gforce 420 gpu
experience index score 5.9
4 gig ram
windows 7 32bit
802.11g pci turbo wireless adapter.

Edited by arnookie, 26 January 2011 - 04:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:07 AM

Open CMD as admin then type in ipconfig /flushdns this clears your dns cache !
You could also try clicking on this link http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic87058.html and having a good read through and follow some of the instructions given !
You could also try downloading CCleaner and give it a run !

Edited by doinmeedin, 26 January 2011 - 11:09 AM.

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 arnookie

arnookie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:32 AM

Open CMD as admin then type in ipconfig /flushdns this clears your dns cache !
You could also try clicking on this link http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic87058.html and having a good read through and follow some of the instructions given !
You could also try downloading CCleaner and give it a run !

Already tried all your suggestions before I posted this. Just can't figure it out at all.
But thank you for your help anyhow. I really appreciate it. :o)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users