Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird folders that cannot be deleted

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Kaioh

Kaioh

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:17 AM

I have a flash drive and i installed some stuff on it. But then, when i tried to delete them, I made a mistake or something and now they cannot be deleted. I have a video here is the link. .

Please email me some solution because i might not be able to find this post thank you very much. T_T Mod Edit: Email Removed.

Edited by hamluis, 26 January 2011 - 09:23 AM.
Email Address removed to protect member. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:03 AM

Can you please post the English Translation for the names of those files? Thank you.

#3 M332

M332

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

You can move all the flash drive files that you want to keep to your computer, then format the flash drive to get rid of all the files you want deleted, then move the saved files back from your computer to the flash drive.

If you subscribe to this topic you will get email notifications whenever there are replies.

Btw if you don't have something like this you can use glary undelete to restore deleted files. It has saved me several times already since installing it recently. http://www.glaryutilities.com/

Edited by M332, 26 January 2011 - 05:55 PM.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

You can find any post you make by looking in the upper right corner where your name is, and using the pulldown choose My Content.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 M332

M332

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

Animal after you posted here I got this email notification. It gave me a chuckle reading it so I had to post what I saw.

Posted Image

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:24 PM

Hi M332 -
Is there a way to download this without the ASK toolbar being added or do you need to uninstall the toolbar after installing -
It is listed as part of the EULA that ASK must be installed -

Thank You -

#7 Kaioh

Kaioh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:48 AM

You can move all the flash drive files that you want to keep to your computer, then format the flash drive to get rid of all the files you want deleted, then move the saved files back from your computer to the flash drive.

If you subscribe to this topic you will get email notifications whenever there are replies.

Btw if you don't have something like this you can use glary undelete to restore deleted files. It has saved me several times already since installing it recently. http://www.glaryutilities.com/

How do i format it?

#8 Kaioh

Kaioh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

Can you please post the English Translation for the names of those files? Thank you.

I don't know how..... I can't read what it says, i don't even know if they are words for any language...

#9 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,553 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

Sorry - I thought you were running a Japanese Language version - didn't realize it was foreign to you too :)

Can you open disk management, right-click on the usb drive and format it?

#10 M332

M332

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:19 PM

Nok, I don't remember that being a part of the install but for me installs always allow options to be unchecked and I always choose custom install btw instead of express, that way I know everything that is going on step by step. I don't know since I never use express install but it may not give you the option to uncheck the toolbar that way so if you haven't tried the custom install option then do that and see if it helps.

#11 M332

M332

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:24 PM

How do i format it?

Click on the My Computer Icon on your desktop. Right click on the usb drive then click Format. Make sure you have the usb files that you want to keep backed up to your computer first since the format will delete them from the drive. That way you can transfer the files from the computer back to the usb drive after it is formatted.

#12 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:40 PM

@ M332 -
Sorry to All for beind a Bit off topic but only 2 options to install it now -
So I deleted it - You May be able to delete the ASK item later, but you must accept it first -
[attachment=86615:Arrow glary.JPG]

#13 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:15 AM

Many of us have deleted numerous unwanted add-ons multiple times, it is not a big deal! The fellows that develop these helpful programs need a little help with income so the link up with the big guys! Use REVO uninstaller it will do a very nice job of removing any unwanted items.

Phil

Edited by OldPhil, 29 January 2011 - 07:16 AM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#14 M332

M332

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

Nok are you in the custom install option like I recommended or the express install option? I got it to install without any other option added so I'm not understanding why you're having this problem. I guess it could have been a different installer than the one you got. My installer is vI.6.0.162 and is 3,276kb. If there is any other option before the screen that you posted then try it instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users