Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Ports and SD Slot all stopped working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 colochic

colochic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop and two days ago all the usb ports and my SD slot stopped working. I went to plug in my external hard drive and an sd card to back up photos and they both stopped working. Not just the usb port that I was using, but all 4 of them are not working. They have not worked since, even with a shut down, or restart. I have windows XP. Not sure what else to put here, but appreciate any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 colochic

colochic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

Okay, odd...they are all working now. I guess, is there anything I can do to make sure this doesn't happen again?

#3 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:19 PM

Glad it worked itself out.

Unfortunately there are any number of reasons this may have occurred. Having had it self correct makes it almost impossible to trouble shoot and prevent it from maybe happening again.

#4 colochic

colochic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

I guess I will be back if it happens again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users