Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Compaq 6710b will not power up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 3ric

3ric

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

Hello,

I have a laptop that I used about 3 weeks ago, and have left in a drawer since. I went to use it today, but when I plugged it in the computer would not turn on. Infact, there was no light that siginified that it was even charging. I tried multiple power supplies (of the same voltage), but none worked with the laptop. I have also tried using different power outlets, and I still could not get the laptop to power up. I looked around and found the docking station for this laptop, and noticed there was a different power supply. I tried turning the laptop on when it was in the docking station, but it still did not work. I tried plugging the power supply from the docking station directly to the laptop to see if that would do anything, but I still got nothing. I looked closer at both power supplies, and noticed they were not only different sizes; but different voltages as well. The one that I had stored (and used) with the laptop outputs 19V, and the larger one that was with the docking station outputs 18.5V. I don't know if this caused a problem (I have used the 19V power supply before)? What else could I do? Thanks.

3ric

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

hi,don't think the .5v will make a difference as long as the connection to the laptop is the same .
ok you may have done this all ready and just didn'tmention it ,try removing the battery and boot with just the power plug connected,also if that doesn't work ,try leaving the power plugged in overnight ,to charge the battery

Edited by caperjac, 25 January 2011 - 04:58 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 3ric

3ric
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

hi,don't think the .5v will make a difference as long as the connection to the laptop is the same .
ok you may have done this all ready and just didn'tmention it ,try removing the battery and boot with just the power plug connected

I forgot to mention, but I did do that. There is no light when the power supply is plugged in, and there is no light when the button is pressed. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users