Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need good keyboard

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Blaze413

Blaze413

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

ok so my mom does medical transcription as a business and has used the same keyboard for about 10 years now and the spacebar is finally giving out, so i am looking for a keyboard that has a good bounce in the keys and will be able to hold up to constant abuse...doesnt need bells and whistles...just a number pad and standard keys in it...just looking for one that has good feel and bouncy keys (no short keys like u see in some slim design) and no keyboards like u would find on a laptop...i know its picky but hey the faster u go the more money u make

thanks for any suggestion...price range is whatever...am willing to pay more for quality but no more than lets just say $100 but remember i may be able to stretch a little i understand u get wat u pay for

thanks for any suggestions!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:54 PM

I'll go you one better. How about one for under $30?

I am also very fussy with keyboards. Always used the very best wireless Logitech models. Not cheap, but great. Then I had trouble on one of my systems with the bluetooth connection and after looking around I decided to try the Logitech 600. Liked it so much I bought two more - just as backups for other computers. I think it's great - and as I said, it's cheap. Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-000021-Access-Keyboard-600/dp/B000O656FE

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:55 PM

Oh - and if you don't like it (and I'll bet you do), there's no better company than Amazon when it comes to returns.

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

Personally I like the ergo keyboards
They take a little getting used to at first but I can really fly on it and they are really comfy too.
I never get tired using one.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 Blaze413

Blaze413
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

is there any lag time with that wireless....cuz i know ive tried one other wireless keyboard and it was almost like the screen had to catch up to what was typed soo just wondering

#6 Blaze413

Blaze413
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:33 PM

and are the keys in that keyboards shorter? like do they raise all the way up...cuz i would rather not have a keyboard with shorter keys if u get what i mean

#7 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:45 PM

Gotta agree with Eyesee. If a lot of time is spent on a keyboard as it would seem your Mom does then Ergo is the way to go. After a little learning curve they can`t be beat.

Wrist strain and fatigue are real. A well laid out work area set around an Ergo keyboard will pay dividends.

A good quality wireless mouse\keyboard should not suffer from lag. I know many who play FSP games using wireless. They would be the first to complain if a good wireless suffered from any lag.

Edited by ThunderZ, 25 January 2011 - 09:49 PM.

#8 Blaze413

Blaze413
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

this is true...they would be the first lol but ty for the replys...any of u use an ergo keyboard that u like a lot or know of any really good ones?

#9 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

I like the Microsoft ones. The keys have a good feel & arent mushy.
I tend to wail on my keyboards pretty hard and have a very unorthodox typing technique & they work well for me.
It takes a little getting used to at first. You have to figure out where to put your hands.
Once I got used to mine I can really go on it.
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users