Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Home, Out of memory errors

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vasago30

Vasago30

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:09 AM

Hello all, Im new here so please be patient with me if I dont quite understand everything.

Last week I started getting critical out of memory errors while playing EQ2X online. Everyone I've talked to in the game said even though my computer is about 4 yrs old, that my system specs should be more than enough to play the game with no problems. Sometimes my computer freezes up too while doing this, so friends suggested that I have someone help me look at it snd see if its a computer problem or a virus-malware problem thats eating up my memory. I use AVG 2011 full version and it picks up nothing.
Here are my computer specs
Windows XP Home
E-machines w3107
AMD Sempron 3100+
1.81 GHz
896 MB DDR
NVidia GeForce 6100 series

Any help is appreciated Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

Your computer just meets the minimum requirements to play this game, but doesn't meet the suggested minimum requirements post by Ever Quest Online.

Does the memory error appear at any other times, or is it only while playing EQ2?

When was the last time that you cleaned out the inside of the case.

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Vasago30

Vasago30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gsf7p3F488EglZqrGyw30bp

Here is the Speccy report you asked for. The error only happens so far when I am playing the game and I Use canned air to clean the box out every few weeks to a month.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users