Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm infected with ??? How to find it?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dundeeme

dundeeme

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:24 AM

Been having this problem for the past 4-5 days. This is happening once or twice a day, every day. At some point, a new tab opens up in my Firefox, with a strange address, Firefox minimizes and I get a pop-up message saying AV8 scan has found... only with the OK button on it. I never clicked OK, I just killed the firefox process and the restarted my pc, nothing else happened after. I've been using Deep Freeze software for the past months, so every time I think there is something suspicious on my pc, just restart and the system is supposed to be restored to its original saved state. I'm also using Norton internet security paid license and updated everyday. I scanned my system in safe mode with malware bytes and other 2 spyware removers, nothing found, everything looks clean.

I don't worry much about AV8 as long as I can kill the process before AV8 gets installed, but I do worry about the resident piece of malware/rk that tries to load AV8, it could as well load a key logger or even worst.
No suspected processes show up in my task manager.
I will answer any questions or scan/provide any logs you need if you think you can help.

Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users