Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

0xc000012d - directx issue in cod series

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 McBarette

McBarette

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:23 AM

Hello,

I recently reinstalled xp pro on my computer (QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, 2500 MHz (7.5 x 333); 4Gb ram)
and bought a new graphic card (HD radeon 5770 single slot). I was running Black ops fine, multi, single and zombies (with a nvidia 8800 Gt; low graphics) before i reinstalled xp and my new radeon HD 5770.

I have problems ever since. The game crashes radomly and message error like : fatal error / directx has encountered an unrecoverable error and some others appear. I've read that 0xc000012d problem is about memory; is it true?

My power supply is a 400 W and XFX (the card manufacturer) recommends a 500W power supply; could this be the problem? But most messages say that directx is the problem. Moreover, i've read that 5770 do not use a lot of power in 3D apps.

nb: all my drivers are up to date (Ati; directx; motherboard; sound chipset; network); i've cleaned with spybot s&d; ad-aware; checked register with tune up. I also tried former drivers for the graphic card et former directx. Nothing seems to work. I can only play BO multiplayer (working really fine), but no zombis, nor single player and no modern warfare II (sometimes for a few minutes and then crash / freeze. Ctrl+alt+del.

It's been 3 weeks now and i enjoy gaming so much that it makes me sad :(

My english isn't that good (french native speaker from switzerland) so please be lenient. Tell me if you need a log file of hijackthis, or everest (free) , or whatever. I'll take any advice from now on.

Thanks in advance for your help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pachm

pachm

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:22 AM

i have a 5970 and theres no way i could get it to run right until i downgraded to 10.8 drivers. I dont know if they are right for you but try a few different ones.

#3 Rockstar .

Rockstar .

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:42 AM

hi ,
first run virus scan with Smart security with 2011 update. then reinstall win and
again run a virus check.then if u have problem again run a check disk on ur game drive and win drive. and if still u have the problem u must install win7.
this problem is because of a virus.
i suggest to install win 7. win 7 is safer.

#4 McBarette

McBarette
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:25 AM

Hi pachm,

I'll try older drivers for hd radeon 5*** series. Maybe this will fix the problem.
As I said, Black ops multiplayer is working really fine but only single player and zombi freeze the PC. This is why i don't think it is a virus.

Moreover, I've performed a full virus scan (avast), checked and repaired registry (tuneup 2011), ran spybot s&d, ad-aware.
I've also tested memory with memtest86, and no errors were found.

Info: when i play zombi and single; CPU usage is going up to 100% and then drops drastically. I've read on other forums that this is due to poor optimisation for PC. What do you think about that?
I've now managed to make mw 2 run, (I only had to reinstall directx 9.0c). It is running with max setups Anti-aliasing X4 and it just looks great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users