Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fake security warnings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:06 PM

Well, my computer is completely out of commission because of a stupid, very poorly disguised virus. When I open the computer, it starts up just fine, but then three popups come up that tell me either a program is infected, or my computer is infected (don't I know it...). One is an error message window, another is a little note in the bottom right corner coming off the toolbar, and the third pops up a little later and claims that I have a trojan on my computer. It won't let me open any security software, or anything else and makes the computer run EXTREMELY slow. I put my computer into safe mode, but after about five minutes, it shuts down. I ran Rkill in safemode, and nothing turned up, but then I ran Malwarebytes and it shut down again. It isn't ransomware, since there is nothing it is trying to get me to buy, but on every popup, it asks me to run a scanner. Please help!

the messages I get say:

"Application cannot be executed. The file [file name] is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?"

"INFILTRATION ALERT
Your computer is being attacked by an internet virus. It could be a password-stealing attack, a trojan - dropper or similar.
DETAILS
Attack from: 172.19.147.18, port 47304
Attacked port: 43338
Threat: Win32/Nugel.E

Do you want to block this attack ?"

I looked it up online and it's called SysAntivirus 2009, but the instructions on how to get rid of it are either too complicated (I know little about programming and such) or don't work for some reason.

Edited by Apocalyptica, 25 January 2011 - 09:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:35 PM

Sorry, I should have said those things in my original post. I am on Vista home edition and have whatever the default firewall setting on it is. I haven't tried MSE, but I don't see how that would work when Malwarebytes doesn't...

#3 Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:54 AM

Well, since no one wanted to help me, I figured it out myself. Thanks for nothing, this forum really knows how to help someone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users