Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death (yes, another one)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tannie

Tannie

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

Hey guys, I actually came across the forums doing a search a day or so ago and the thread I was looking at was out-of-date so some of the links didn't work. Thought I would write my own thread on my problem. Also, my IE is messing up.. not sure if that's connected to the Blue Screen or not (or part in part of the problem(s)).

I had a look at this thread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic375458.html so I think I've already done a few steps you might ask me to do. Here is the info:

==================================================
Dump File : 012411-25818-01.dmp
Crash Time : 1/24/2011 10:45:19 AM
Bug Check String : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug Check Code : 0x0000003b
Parameter 1 : 00000000`c0000005
Parameter 2 : fffff800`02fbac9a
Parameter 3 : fffff880`09a7dcf0
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+70740
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7600.16617 (win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Processor : x64
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\012411-25818-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7600
Dump File Size : 274,920

Dump File : 012411-44709-01.dmp
Crash Time : 1/24/2011 10:41:46 AM
Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x0000000a
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : fffff800`02ce5436
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+70740
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7600.16617 (win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\012411-44709-01.dmp
Dump File Size : 274,920

Dump File : 012411-22807-01.dmp
Crash Time : 1/24/2011 9:47:14 AM
Bug Check String : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x000000d1
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000008
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000001
Parameter 4 : fffff880`050de82a
Caused By Driver : mouclass.sys
Caused By Address : mouclass.sys+282a
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\012411-22807-01.dmp
Dump File Size : 317,880

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

1) Define "my ie is messing up". You need to provide comprehensive details of everything that is wrong with your system in order for us to provide intelligent responses

2) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

#3 Tannie

Tannie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:15 PM

Hi Allan,

Thank you for the quick response.

All right, on Saturday, I attempted to download the trial version of Nero off of their website. It never installed properly and subsequently this is when all of the problems began. I believe it's merely a coincidence judging by the other Malware and Blue Screen messages on here from newbies.

When I re-started my computer, the Blue Screen of Death came from there. I proceeded to uninstall the 2 programs, run AVG virus scaner, Trend Online virus scanner, and Malwarebytes which found Trojans that they apparantely cleaned up and quarantined.

Then I noticed the problem with my IE that when I start it and open a new tab, there is always one that crashes (ie always says "Connecting...) and I can't shut down IE properly, I have to use CTR ALT DEL in order to do so. I also can't use BACK or REFRESH.

I have gone and done system restore back to January 16th, but it doesn't seem to have done anything except, obviously, uninstall any of those programs.

That's where I stand right now, the Blue Screen still popping up and IE not working properly.

I have a new laptop (August) with Windows 7 and the latest IE.

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it. (I've attached the Malware file)

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5578

Windows 6.1.7600
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

1/23/2011 10:57:07 AM
mbam-log-2011-01-23 (10-57-07).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 166878
Time elapsed: 3 minute(s), 40 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSMGR (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\Users\****MY NAME****\AppData\Local\Temp\20.tmp (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\***MY NAME****\AppData\Local\Temp\EDF.tmp (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Edited by Tannie, 24 January 2011 - 06:49 PM.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

I won't help with problems created by illegal software downloads. Having said that, if I were you I'd visit the malware section of this forum. Good luck.

#5 Tannie

Tannie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

Okay, thank you.

#6 Tannie

Tannie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

Can someone please tell me how I can even tell I have Malware from these logs? Thanks.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:06 PM

If you suspect that you have a malware situation...best thing to do is to initiate a post in the Am I Infected forum.

I'll just move this topic to that forum, where someone will assist you.

Louis

#8 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:40 PM

All right, on Saturday, I attempted to download the trial version of Nero off of their website. It never installed properly and subsequently this is when all of the problems began. I believe it's merely a coincidence judging by the other Malware and Blue Screen messages on here from newbies.

I won't help with problems created by illegal software downloads. Having said that, if I were you I'd visit the malware section of this forum. Good luck.

A download of a trial from a manufacturer's website is NOT an illegal download. TRIALS are offered as a way for you to try out the product and if you like it, to purchase it. If they were illegal why would manufacturers offer it for their own product?

TRIAL offers are legal. I often recommend that people see if a product they may want to purchase first check to see if the product has a trial offer, and if it does, use it. Doing so will offer a chance to find out if it suits their needs, if it's user friendly, and if it plays nice with their system.
No need to spend money on a product only to find out it doesn't work for you.

#9 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:50 PM

He edited the original post. That's not what he downloaded.

#10 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,804 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:38 PM

Hello,

I see that you have posted a topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic375513.html Even though you haven't followed the prep. guide, I'm going to leave the topic there to avoid additional delays in your receiving assistance.

Please note: you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users