Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sql plus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 comet@earth

comet@earth

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

I am learning SQL.i want to download sql,the one having scott username and tiger password .also the icon is a plus sign with sql plus written as the application name.Hope that means something to you.please give me the link to download it.
thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:37 PM

Do you mean this?
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14357/ape.htm

#3 comet@earth

comet@earth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:05 AM

I am not sure about this.Could you please give me the download link so that i may install and check.The links in the document are not download links(or maybe I could not find one).Please help
Thank you

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

Maybe you could try searching the page for the word 'download' and see what you find. <_<

#5 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:41 AM

For the record, the username and password are provided by the db admin. Since you said you're learning it, I'm going to assume that you're taking a class in college or something and they have a lab setup with SQL+ and told you to use those credentials to connect to the DB? If so, you really should be asking your professor for advice on what to install on your personal PC for assignments. I'm also taking a DB class this term and we also use SQL+ in our lab environment. Our professor told us we could install Oracle 10g on our home PCs, but do be aware that this will require some configuration and setup. Be prepared to actually read lots of material to set this up. One of my classmates spent 2 days trying to understand why his SQL wasn't working... his DB wasn't even setup, so the client kept saying Error - not connected. Your best bet at this point, is to get with your professor or whoever set you up with the credentials you mentioned in the post.

Like Groovy said though, search is a powerful feature and if you're going to learn SQL, you'll need to use it frequently or you won't get far.
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 comet@earth

comet@earth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

I got it.thank you all for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users