Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frequent Bluescreen Crashes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 philjg

philjg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

For last two weeks I've been having bluescreen crashes (twice a day), IE8 redirects, slow startups etc...I have installed and run repeatedly ccleaner, malwarebytes, super antispyware, Vipre, RUbotted (shows "botnet malware cannot be removed). HijackThis scan comes up with message (not posting log)
HijackThis
For some reason your system denied write access to the Hosts file. If any hijacked domains are in this file, HijackThis may NOT be able to fix this.
If that happens, you need to edit the file yourself. To do this, click Start, Run and type:
notepad C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
and press Enter. Find the line(s) HijackThis reports and delete them. Save the file as 'hosts.' (with quotes), and reboot.
For Vista: simply, exit HijackThis, right click on the HijackThis icon, choose 'Run as administrator'.

Last straw was having cold call from someone saying they knew I had a problem and they could help if I subscribed to My PC Care.

Please advise. Thanks

P.S. I posted in Am I Hacked because someone called me out of the Blue with knowledge of my problem and tried to sell me a fix. I think I am both Hacked and Infected. Also I didn't mention that I can't get Microsoft Updates to work so I can't download the 14 fixes they are recomending. I downloaded DDS but the scan comes out all gobbledy gook so I think my malware is preventing these scans eg. MalB, SAS, CC, etc.. mentioned above from running correctly. I just don't know but desperately need help.

Thank You.

Edited by philjg, 24 January 2011 - 09:35 AM.
Moved from Am I Hacked to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:06 PM

Hello.

Please download BlueScreenView to your Desktop.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
When scanning is done, go to Edit>Select All.
Go to File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

~Blade

Edited by Blade Zephon, 01 February 2011 - 11:06 PM.

animinionsmalltext.gif
If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users