Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XBOX geting disconnected

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 smilezrcool

smilezrcool

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:06 PM

Every time the phone rings my xbox gets disconnected. It is an older cordless phone. Someone told me that the old cordless phone has a similar wireless channel as the wireless router. I have a router from at&t. I have located the menu on how to change the channel. I have eleven options from (2412MHz to 2462MHz). Which one should I choose and dose anyone think that this is the way to correct the problem

Edit: Moved topic from Computer Gaming to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brodie1600

brodie1600

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

Recommended channels are 1, 6, and 11, since they are considered non-overlapping channels.

Whichever channel it's on now, switch it to either of the other two, and see if that solves the problem.

#3 smilezrcool

smilezrcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:00 PM

It was on channel one and I changed it to channel six. I will try it and see if it helps. Thanks!!!!!

#4 smilezrcool

smilezrcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:08 PM

It was on channel one and I changed it to channel six. I will try it and see if it helps. Thanks!!!!!

I changed it to channel six and now everything works great. Thanks!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users