Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus 8 removal, now Flash doesn't work and won't load

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sparkyboy12

Sparkyboy12

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:43 AM

I had Antivirus 8 spyware load on my laptop the other day. Immediately I checked Bleeping Computer from another laptop and followed the instructions for downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, having to download it onto this other laptop and transfer it across to my computer via a memory stick. I changed the filenames as instructed and ran the full scan which identified around 9 items which needed removing and removed them.

Now I can't seem to use Flashplayer. I tried to run a Facebook application and it said, "Page should load after 10 seconds. If not, you may need to upgrade your version of Flashplayer." So I clicked on the link and downloaded the newest version (10.1, I think). However, this does not seem to have worked. I have tried to do this again several times, going onto Adobe's site itself to try and download it, and although it goes through what seems to be a proper download process, it doesn't seem to be saving itself to the computer. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:47 AM

Try the following: Adobe Flash Uninstaller then try and reinstall Flash Player.

#3 Sparkyboy12

Sparkyboy12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2011 - 02:46 PM

Thanks so much for replying. I uninstalled Flashplayer successfully, but then when I went onto Adobe to upload it again, I clicked on the download button and I got the screen which gives me 4 steps I may need to go through depending on my security settings, but nothing then happens. When I tried it yesterday, everything went as per the 4 steps on the screenshot, i.e. I had an information bar pop up saying "This website wants to install the following add-ons" or something, and I then had to allow Active X control.

Can anyone help further?

#4 Sparkyboy12

Sparkyboy12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:15 PM

I went on the Adobe help site and it told me to uninstall Adobe Download Manager, which I did, and then I was able to run through the downloading process for Flashplayer as per the 4 step screenshots. Now it is listed as one of my programs on the Control Panel, listed as Adobe Flashplayer 10 ActiveX. But I still can't view pictures using Flash on the web.

Another suggestion was my Java settings. I checked these on the browser setting and they appear to me to be enabled. Am I completely missing something here, or was I looking in the wrong place? I even uninstalled and reinstalled Java. What on earth can I do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users