Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First Post...download.trojan Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mrblah

mrblah

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:07 PM

Hello, everyone.

I have a question about a Download.Trojan message that pops up still, after i deleted virus. I used adaware and spybot in safe mode and got rid of the virus, I thought. But every hour or so I get a message from my AV (Symantec) saying the following:

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Threat Found!
Threat: Download.Trojan
File: C:\WINDOWS\g3862421.dll
Computer: ***
User: ***
Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Delete succeeded : Access denied
Date found: Monday, December 12, 2005 2:02:09 PM

The part that reads "File: C:\WINDOWS\g3862421.dll" is different everytime, just the "g3862421.dll" part, and it is always a .dll, just a different name. The rest of the message is the same, always.

I have read that I should just ignore this, but I know there has to be a way to get rid of it.

Is this, in fact, just a harmless message? And if so, what can I do to make it stop.

Thanks in advance for any help here.

MR BLAH

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:42 PM

You could post a HiJackthis log in our HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.
Before you do, please read and follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log

Our HJT team is very busy right now. So it may take a few days before someone can take a look at your log.

Good-luck,

Edited by Joshuacat, 12 December 2005 - 04:43 PM.

JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users